Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Low mileage early NSX for auction

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 2000 View Post
    This one seems to have sold on the cheap side.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1995-honda-nsx-3
    Looks like there were no services between 2009 and 2022, during which time it covered 8,000 miles.

If appropriately kept and maintained by the owner that needn't be a problem, but I can imagine that it could prove a daunting buy if you want a logbook with a service stamp every year . . .

I had a look at the pictures on CC. It’s very hard to get a good idea of condition without actually seeing it. It’s had a respray and that can be spectacular or terrible.
    There’s the usual surface corrosion under the bonnet and engine cover, so seen some UK winters. The seat repair stands out and it’s running big wheels (Volks GTU’s) which, as we know numbs the steering and handing somewhat.
    I guess it depends what you want. A low mileage garage queen with a strong history is going to be worth a lot more. But not everyone wants this or wants to pay for it. Many want a usable car they can drive and or improve over time. This one looks like a light project provided there aren’t any issues.
    No mention of the AC, stereo, speakers, when was the cambelt done? Etc…
    Online auctions aren’t always the best gauge of value. I’ve seen some cars sell privately and through dealers for quite a lot this year, but also seen some ‘on the face of it’ bargains through the auctions.
    Good luck to the new owner.
    Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Seems to be a problem with the windscreen wipers, the fuel filler and glass hatch latches, and quite a bit of surface rust in the engine bay - most of which could be addressed by a dozen or two new bolts and a bit of elbow grease. Also the toolkit has been raided, along with the spare wheel.
    But all the above are easily fixed, so this could be a great buy - good luck to the new owner.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 2000 View Post
    This one seems to have sold on the cheap side.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1995-honda-nsx-3
    Wow - makes a mockery of current asking prices!

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Wow - makes a mockery of current asking prices!
    Odd cars pass through the net. Especially with auctions. It does kind of prove that condition and history is king. Apart from that black one the other month with the dodgy vin plate etc.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345