Thread: Looking for a new NA1 water pump

Default Looking for a new NA1 water pump

Can anyone point me in the direction to get a new water pump? None of the UK suppliers I have tried have any in stock and I am trying to get one whilst the cambelt is being changed.
    Any help appreciated!

I generally use Amayama, I've bought quite a few bits from them and I find them very reliable and pretty quick (you will have import charges to pay though). Looks like the water pump assy, (part no. 19200-PR7-J00 for NA1, 19200-PR7-A03 for NA2) will cost about £170 plus shipping plus any import tax. price looks the same for either part number depending on age of the car as far as I can see.

Hope that helps

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

There was a revision to the water pump design on the earlier cars involving the weep hole. To accommodate the weep hole, you had to drill a hole in the lower timing cover or install a revised cover. Depending on the vintage of your car and whether or not it has the original water pump you may also need to deal with the timing cover (modify or replace). Honda sells a kit which includes the later pump and new revised timing cover for a little more than the cost of just the pump. Its part number 19200-PR7-305.

Buy Genuine Honda 19200PR7305 (19200-PR7-305) Pump, Water for Honda NSX. Prices, fast shipping, photos, weight - Amayama

You should also consider replacing the water pump bolts 940049-PH7 000 and 90049-PH7-000 which have a special sealant on them. Check the service manual to confirm; but, I believe it calls out for replacement of the bolts when the pump is being replaced.

Depending on how much you are willing to pay for shipping, Amayama can be very quick in getting it to the UK border. How quickly it makes it through the customs process is a separate matter.
    Last edited by Old guy; 12-01-2022 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks for the quick responses! Ordered complete kit and bolts from Amayama with expensive delivery saying 22/24th January. Then after I had paid it says because of world disruption it could lead to delays of 2- 6 weeks!!
    I will respond when I receive them to give others an idea. ( delivery was £103.02 !!)

Blog Entries

As suggested, please use -305 parts no.
    Comes as a set of the later design WP + matching latest design TB Lower cover + the small grommet for the WP seepage tube.

Addition to the 9 x special bolts, please consider replacing the TB lower cover gasket.

Probably already in your list but should replace the crank pulley at the time of TB/WP service.

Many Japanese companies were on long new year's holiday and closed until around 4th - 5th.
    Then, last Monday was another national holiday so doing lots of catch up dealing with all sorts of parts orders placed during the holiday season.

While Japan was doing quite well against the pandemic, the Omicron is now starting to widely spread fast within Japan and just exceeded the 10,000 cases this week.
    Due to government law, one must be quarantined if infected or in close contact unless local law allows self-isolation at home, etc.
    Therefore, inevitably, taking extra time for both handing the parts order as well as the delivery time.

So, expect extra time but should not be too bad at this stage.

All courier companies including Japan Post are applying special extra fee due to limited flights to/from Japan so the delivery charge would be much higher than it used to be.

Kaz

Thanks Kaz!

When I ordered all my coolant hoses, I got the same message . But the delivery time was a lot quicker and that was over Xmas /new year
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.