Thread: Headlight beam adjuster whirring

1. Default Headlight beam adjuster whirring

Hi

a few years ago my right side headlight beam adjuster appeared to be constantly trying to adjust itself, so I disconnected it from under the switch in the centre console. I recently reconnected it just to check it and it was doing the same thing, the left headlight beam adjusts correctly when I move the control knob.

What is the fix for this, is it just a new motor on the right hand side or something else, and is this the correct part number - 33129-sl0-a01 which as been superceeded by this one on later cars but someone on prime says it fits fine too - 33129-SL0-N11

Thanks
    Chris

2. Default

This is one of those situations where unfortunately Prime confuses the matter rather than helps.

33129-SL0-N11 is the latest part number standard for cars fitted with manual headlight adjusters. The European cars with their electrically adjusted headlights have a different unit, which is part of the Euro-spec loom, which is not spared separately to the headlight and may no longer be available in any case. See here for my adventure through this problem:

https://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.p...ight-adjusters

The adjusters have the same capacitor issues as various other areas of the car, so you're most likely looking into a localised electrical repair or a second-hand replacement unit from Christian or other breakers.

Blog Entries

According to our late goldnsx (RIP), he had the capacitor replaced inside the adjuster before the nearby IC got damaged.

My NSX is JDM so doesn't have it and thus, never done it before but if you can send the adjuster, I could take a look.

You may also have something obstructing the adjuster/motor movement.

Kaz