Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Detailing

Default Detailing

My car is getting older, so do I. In the early years I washed it by hand quite often and gave it some coats of carnauba twice a year. But this requires too much time and effort nowadays. I only do the complete procedure (with a coat of wax) once a year. During the year I simply washed it with pressurized water mainly to keep the front and the wheel clean (5 min job).

I've watched some detailing videos on youtube to get some inspiration what tools could faciliate the detailing process for the interior and exterior. And I also thought about a professional detailer but I still hesitate. What would you do?

Move the video on to about 4'20", I think this guy was Swiss: 😳😱

https://youtu.be/sMBuLTt0PQA
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Asked the re-ignited Papalazarou... he is one of the detailing expert on this forum.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Did I imagine it, or did Mike (mjames75) also change career to professional detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Did I imagine it, or did Mike (mjames75) also change career to professional detailing?
    Correct: https://www.minutiadetailing.com

There's an NSX-R on the website. Looks good.

Regarding tools, I'll get a soft brush often seen in those detailing videos. What really looks cool but I'm not sure is mainly show are the showflake-like washing guns. Worth the money?

[QUOTE What really looks cool but I'm not sure is mainly show are the showflake-like washing guns. Worth the money?[/QUOTE]

Yes i’d say so, I use one with my Karcher. It acts as a pre wash to loosen grime etc, just remember to rinse it off before you start the main wash. Have you considered a vinyl wrap? If your paintwork is looking a little tired it might be just the answer and it could stop it from getting worse I suppose.
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

Thanks for the suggestion of a vinyl wrap. Actually, the paint looks very good. I'm simply not willing/being able put in so much effort in keeping it clean. So I'm trying to faciliate the process.

Just came across an amusing product review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEZKHze8Sq8 His curse at 4:11 doesn't have to be translated.

My father has a Kärcher. The additional tool FJ 6 is on my wish list.

I am of the opinion that you shouldn’t wash cars to much. The more times you touch the surface the more chance of it getting scratched. My car avoids the rain etc if it can, it will just get dusty sat in the garage but keeps it’s shine. The road grime builds up over time but that’s the only time it gets a proper wash.
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dcnsx View Post
    I am of the opinion that you shouldn’t wash cars to much. The more times you touch the surface the more chance of it getting scratched. My car avoids the rain etc if it can, it will just get dusty sat in the garage but keeps it’s shine. The road grime builds up over time but that’s the only time it gets a proper wash.
    This. Better to let a little dust/dirt accumulate then clean it, rather than doing it every other drive...

Regular waxing facilitates quicker/easier cleaning of road grime, but needs a very clean surface to start with.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast