Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New NSX Owner - Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by FlyNavy View Post
    If/when I do get around to would make sure that it's all non-LED bulbs as I believe retrofitted LEDs are bad news for MOTs nowadays.

Leds are now not allowed retrofitted to headlights, the same as HIDs now, but LED's elsewhere are still ok

the issue with the NSX is the rear light bulb holders are angled to the back of the car, and all the decent replacement leds have the best light output in line with the bulb, so never ideal in our lenses
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

(See below post for re-posted content with improved pics)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	274710471_10165845883195307_5352481084678182451_n.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	14552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	274703190_10165845883385307_1700420223091488281_n.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	14553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	274709531_10165845883180307_6553954812256501354_n.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	14554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	274731428_10165845883125307_5925063595766848271_n.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	14555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	274722355_10165845883310307_5843450168196341081_n (1).jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	14556  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	274819151_10165845965595307_8227172192794437729_n.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	14557  
    Last edited by FlyNavy; 03-05-2022 at 03:36 PM. Reason: photos
    2001 NSX-T Manual in Imola Orange Pearl
    1994 Honda VFR400R NC30 in Castrol Colours

Blog Entries

Maximum is 1 MB per picture. In case that's insufficient you can try increasing the compression before uploading - a trade-off, unfortunately.
    The size of the picture displayed in the post can be changed by double-clicking it and selecting a different size.
    Last edited by Heineken; 05-03-2022 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typo
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

Blog Entries

Hi, FlyNavy.

For uploading the file, these seem to be the latest setup of this forum.

The max file size, max width & height pixels.

The forum platform is really old and people used to take photo using the handy digital camera and just upload the file to the server.
    The internet speed was much slower compared to what you can get these days.

Probably these limit was set to use the server resource efficiently and also supporting the user experience over slow internet when browsing the image.

If using storage service and if the provider allows direct link to your photo file, you could 'host' your image file rather than uploading to the forum server.

I use Google Photo service and it allows direct link.
    You don't upload the file to the nsxcb forum server but instead, upload it to your storage service and get the direct link.
    Then, paste the link into your forum post.
    The end result here;

The user can keep browsing through your photo and text seamlessly without the need of clicking on the photo thumbnail as there are none.

Also, it doesn't occupy the server storage space.
    With such small community, not a big issue but still, small thing can help.

And as you can see above, it won't be restricted by the image file size, pixcel size, resolution, etc.

I normally upload to the storage service in png format and set the longer side to 1080 pixcel in order to keep the appearance of the post the same.

You can still upload the file to the forum server by using several image editing software.

Very old software but I still use IrfanView to convert the format, size, etc.

As in your post, it will be like this and the user would click on the thumbnail to get larger image.
    If you have multiple thumbnails with lots of description inside the post, kind of difficult to keep the relationship between the image and the text.

Name:	202203_002.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	434.2 KB 
ID:	14562

You can also convert it in progressive mode but unless the internet is at the crawling speed like the era of dial-up, probably won't notice any difference compared to the above thumbnail;

Name:	202203_003.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	408.8 KB 
ID:	14563

Whatever the method you use, there are pros and cons.

I prefer the direct link hosting method than the upload simply because it's much easier to browse without clicking on the thumbnail for the users.
    However, if your storage service changes the direct link format or stop the service, you could lose the link and end up with empty space inside your post in the future.
    Happened in the past.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 05-03-2022 at 12:38 PM. Reason: extra info

Welcome to our friendly community of enthusiasts who know the secret … and you’ve gone one better by opting for the NSX-T … be sure to have the top off regularly … detailing looks to be going well … once complete, get her out on the tarmac as often as possible …

All the best, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Great to see the car is being looked after so well! It is a good one you have there.

I moved the headlight cover forward a little but still had the same issue. I ended up having to loosen the four bolts holding the headlight assembly and shifted it outboard ever so slightly which has solved the clearance issue and the panel gaps are much better. I've changed all of the headlamp & fog bulbs with new Osram Laser so they are all the same temp too, and a little brighter. The challenge now is sidelights to match that aren't coloured blue when off.

The car is at a family members for detailing. The paint is in good shape but nevertheless a lot of polishing has been done so far (rear end and roof to go). Next up some chip repair then ceramic coat with Gyeon Pure. Similar in depth treatments of the glass, interior and engine bay to follow.

The cerakote plastic trim coating makes the arches way better looking and it should be a very durable treatment! They'll look nce with the new AdvanAD08RS rubber.
    I'm looking forward to getting the car home and I can start blasting and cerakote'ing many of the brackets under the bonnet matt black. (I've got my own setup at home)

No pictures but I also spent a few hours cleaning all seat & cockpit leather with dodojuice leather cleaner spray, sponge & bucket which removed a lot of dirt and old product off ready to start afresh. Finally, new taillight seals have been installed to stop some boot moisture I'd discovered after washing. I'm finding Amayama so useful for any little bits I'm finding I want to replace as I go over the car with a fine tooth comb.

(Thanks for the tips, now above due relocated post, on uploading better images)
    Last edited by FlyNavy; 11-03-2022 at 07:10 PM.
    2001 NSX-T Manual in Imola Orange Pearl
    1994 Honda VFR400R NC30 in Castrol Colours

(Mods please consider whether the thread should be moved to 'Builds' section given that not many people are doing 'builds' nowadays and avoids me clogging up general chat)

I finally picked the car up from Plymouth yesterday post-detailing. You name it, it's been ceramic coated. So much work went into this by my family member and it looks awesome! Despite the overcast mizzle the colour still looks fantastic. It was a shame I caught a shower on the way home to Cornwall but the water, and hopefully the majority of dirt, just slides right off! Nevertheless I think I made a few other motorists days on the way home.

I didn't get around to the numberplate garnish straightening unfortunately but I got around a few other easy wins like aspirator fan rattle fix and the rear hatch/engine coilpack waterproofing kit by Davisdesignfab in the states. New plate won't be to everyone's taste but I was surprised it wasn't taken.

I hope to see some of you at Silverstone on Sunday!

Having trouble with uploading photos whatever method I try...

I had written about how over xmas I was blasting and Cerakoting numerous steel brackets from the front engine bay and reconditioning the fogs. Will see if I can upload them elsewhere!

Getting a bit carried away replacing brake lines & rear pads. I just had to clean all the the arches.
    Name:  20230127_195023.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  53.2 KB

They look even better than this now after Cerakote plastic trim coating. It's superb!

Cerakote paint corrosion protection video:
    https://youtu.be/IL_bXx_qtfo
    Last edited by FlyNavy; 01-02-2023 at 09:39 PM. Reason: More pics

Blog Entries

Nice result - very good use for a blasting cabinet.
    May I ask what size of compressor you're using in your setup?
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast