Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car values

Default Car values

Just updated my car valuation with the insurance company following the midnight purple sale on collecting cars.

95 manual coupe with 106K miles. Few mods Procar bonnet with Type R duct and undertrays, Mode 4 front bumper, KW3 suspension and Tubi exhaust. Resprayed seven years ago.

Agreed valuation £85K

Looks like the insurance companies are recognising the increasing value of the cars.

Olly

That’s good. Mine’s at £90k. Should be more.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Gulp....you really think such a valuation is accurate? If I may enquire, how much did you increase it's valuation by (appreciate you may not want to share) and what did it add to the cost of your insurance?

I just renewed my insurance and kept it at the same number I paid for the car last year. Marginally less mileage than yours but valued/paid way less. As per another thread posted just in the last day or so people are asking a lot of money for these beauties right now, but does anyone know someone who's paid +£80k for one...or even £60k? Mint R models aside perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonners View Post
    Gulp....you really think such a valuation is accurate? If I may enquire, how much did you increase it's valuation by (appreciate you may not want to share) and what did it add to the cost of your insurance?

I just renewed my insurance and kept it at the same number I paid for the car last year. Marginally less mileage than yours but valued/paid way less. As per another thread posted just in the last day or so people are asking a lot of money for these beauties right now, but does anyone know someone who's paid +£80k for one...or even £60k? Mint R models aside perhaps.
    Mine was valued at £80K last year. But decided it wasn’t enough. If you look at the JDM cars of similar age/miles/condition, they are around £100K. I think the increase in premium was around £40.
    If you look on PH, a 96 targa with mid 40k miles sold for £90K last year. I know the buyer. A 97 targa with 92k miles sold for £76,500 and there is currently a 10k mile 92 car at auction that right now with a few hours. That is at high 80’s incl commission.
    Based on these and the general scarcity of good straight manual cars. I’d say it’s about right.

Cheers.

Right, best make a call then. I was only speaking to them on Monday and it doesn't renew for a few days yet so will investigate!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonners View Post
    Right, best make a call then. I was only speaking to them on Monday and it doesn't renew for a few days yet so will investigate!
    Let us know how you get on. Based on that auction and other cars that have sold in the last six months. I think there’s a good case for higher valuations.

The swine's charged me an additional £10 for increasing her value by £30k!

Makes me wonder what mine's worth.....any idea out there?
    Mathieu

1996 NSX-T Manual ex Honda press car
    2014 Jaguar F Type coupe 340 LHD (Now sold)
    1996 MG RV8...only 14K miles
    1977 Ronart W152 S6....sounds like half a spitfire!
    1966 Ford Mustang Coupe GT K code
    1963 Volvo P1800S...immaculate in black/red

Buttons mate, I'll give you £25k, you should bite my arm off.

Just taken another look at the JDM NSX’s for sale on carsensor and goo. If you look well, you will notice that the quality of stock is pretty average. Sure there are some great cars for sale at the higher price range, but most of the current stock is pretty tatty. I’m talking about £70-80K cars with previous accident damage, tatty unoriginal interiors; wrong seats, tears in seats, excessive wear, wrong wheels, trim painted wrong colour, corrosion (surprising for jdm cars). Just not good.
    Anyway, it makes me think two things; 1. The Japanese market is running out of good stock. And 2. They think that because the NSX has finally ascended, that people will buy any old rubbish for good money! What do we think?
    As a footnote. I find it interesting that Ferrari has now become the cheap (unless you use it) option for 90’s junior supercars. The Porsche 993 and Honda NSX now consistently higher on price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast