Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another South-West mini meet September 25th

Default Another South-West mini meet September 25th

Here we go, another SW mini meet for anyone who wasn’t in the three cars that made it last time. Now it’s in the end of September, which means anyone with a non-working main relay, overdue cambelt service, worn brakes, covid-19 or fear of anywhere outside the home counties has time to get their car fixed or get some counselling.

It will start from Dunster train station again at 9.30am. Ok call it 10. For anyone wishing to use the “what 3 word method.” It’s “Dunster-Train-Station!”
    The itinerary is; drive a short distance - coffee at the highest village on Exmoor - drive some more - lunch - drive some more - home or lodgings.
    The roads are still awesome and mostly quiet, the pub is great and the drive back on the coast is beautiful. Gosh I am welling up just thinking about it.

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Well done for setting another date James …

From home to the starting point according to Mr AA, 4 hrs 22 mins … so I need a plan …

Option 1 - set of stupidly early
    Option 2 - work from Farnborough office on Friday, use BB overnight
    Option 3 - read about another day out on September 26th

Option 2 is favourite, anyone know of a BB en route from F’boro to starting point with safe parking?
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Well done for setting another date James …

From home to the starting point according to Mr AA, 4 hrs 22 mins … so I need a plan …

Option 1 - set of stupidly early
    Option 2 - work from Farnborough office on Friday, use BB overnight
    Option 3 - read about another day out on September 26th

Option 2 is favourite, anyone know of a BB en route from F’boro to starting point with safe parking?
    Paul,

There are a lot of b&bs down here. There’s another forum member coming down on the Friday and staying locally, so you’re welcome to join us for dinner.

Cheers,

James.

4. Default

I have marked this date in my diary

My NSX does have a habit of being down for maintenance when I actually want to use it, but should that be the case on this weekend then my backup car is still a mid-engined two seater . . .

Just wanted to give this a nudge for anyone who would like to attend. I think we have five or six cars so far.

Cheers,

James.

I have a good excuse ( other than the 1202 mile round trip from Lossiemouth) but the car is away to get its well overdue cosmetic work done.

Cheers
    Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

I might be able to attend but depends on daughter visiting arrangements over that weekend, so provisionally I'm in. Be nice to use the car for something other than the commute to work.
    Wix

8. Default

My NSX is currently out of action - would there be any objection if I turned up in my Elise instead?

Quote Originally Posted by RedCarsGoFaster View Post
    My NSX is currently out of action - would there be any objection if I turned up in my Elise instead?
    No problem. All are welcome. I haven’t seen an elise for a while. Haven’t been in one for probably 20 years.

Cheers.

Hi James,

Been thrown a curve ball I cannot move for this weekend … my daughter being invited to take her Black Belt Karate grading …

I hope you get a good turn-out, and a run in the Elise (miss mine a lot)

So sadly it will be option 3 for me!

All the best, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast