Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where did all of the forum traffic go? :-o

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    i don't think the 'other club' has taken anything away from the forum, forums all across the board are dying left right and centre.

social media has pretty much ruined them, everyone wanting a quick response to a (usually stupid) question.

faceache gets bigger groups and quick responses but their search thing makes it hopeless for any kind of archive, and it seems that anyone and their donkey can set up ever narrower targeted interest groups so ultimately it'll be people talking to themselves!

most forums now have the diehard regulars, and the ones that breeze in stealthily for info.

i shall continue to post up stuff when i find new solutions to old problems, eg. aftermarket hatch struts... but after 18 years of ownership, finding 'new' stuff gets harder!

I’m definitely in the forum die hard category. I remember when I first got my NSX I joined a JDM car club for SW owners. It had a lot of energy and at that time there were lots of jdm meets. We’d go to events, meet up in car parks and go to Japfest and do track days. We’d also do long cruises.
    the first nail in the coffin was the introduction of specific model forums and then facebook. Instead of a convoy of 30 different cars cruising up the motorway at 5am in the morning, on their way to an event, owners chose to congregate with their own brand on and off the road and the forums just fell apart. Overnight I remember.
    I understand that things change. It’s just the way they change. I also hate closed groups. It’s as bad as golf clubs or bloody masons. I don’t have an NSX right now, but I’ve had them for most of the last 20 years.

Arguably, as these cars age, this forum is going to be even more important. Jonathan, I know we don’t always/or often agree, but I respect your skills in repairing and updating your car and always read your thread. I think there are a number of people on the forum with expertise in different areas of these cars. That is and will continue to be valuable.

Max, you are very welcome. I’d be interested to see how your car is progressing. Hopefully I will have another car by then.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Still checking in...now and again but have less time now...
    No other forum to go to as they are even quieter than here!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Hi All,

having been a member on this forum for what seems like an eternity, I still log into it as often as I can, but it has certainly got quieter over the years. I am also a member of the "other club" mostly for the Silverstone Classic event (or Silverstone Festival as it is now called for this year).

What doesn't help me is that now I am based in the North of Scotland, all these events are a bit of a trek for me (yes we all remember the year at Japfest when I was living in Northern Ireland now that was a trek).

And as my car has gone through a major rebuild the last couple of years I am hoping to get back out as much as possible and to more meets.

I miss the Japfest years where we would get a lot of us together for the day, and I'd love to see that at Silverstone one year too.

Cheers
    Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

i keep an eye on new threads i post, there are still plenty of people visiting, the thread viewed count goes up quickly, its just not as many posting!

even when posting this, the forum visitor monitor is showing...

What's Going On?

Currently Active Users

There are currently 403 users online. 1 members and 402 guests
    Most users ever online was 1,910, 19-03-2023 at 10:17 PM.

Last edited by britlude; 26-05-2023 at 12:18 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

5. Default

There will always be folks on here as long as Kaz keeps sharing his endless knowledge of all things related to the NSX!

To Mutley’s point, back in the day when these events would attract sometimes 40+ NSX’s out of the garage, it would usually require a member or two to proactively lobby all that they knew to bring them all together …

They were great meets, as were the Euro & Ring tours …

Need to find some members to take the challenge and pull everyone together for an event, doesn’t have to be the one of the big ones, just find an event you like the look of, share the idea with the organisers then get a post up for the event and it could just happen like it did a decade ago …

I’m sure the mix of members old and new would make for a great meeting … especially if you can combine for convoy(s) en route …

And by the way, it’s doable no matter how busy you think you are … the last Japfest I organised was the week before my Wedding and both events went perfectly (with some members at both events!!)
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

7. Default

I keep posting events ... the uptake is low though. Even the "Club" has challenges getting more than a handful to an event. Try Gaydon 29th July :-D
    Mike

I like the Gaydon venue and havent been for a few years, the ‘Club’ has photo of many NSX including mine on its site … however I’m away for this years event otherwise would have joined you …
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

9. Default

This is the one I took on the day 2007 Honda day at Gaydon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dscf4141pana-reduced.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	14765
    Mike

I don't do antisocial meeja so often drop in here to see if anything's happening.

But after all this time, just about everything has been said that can be said (about the NA at least) so nothing changes.

One might have expected more activity on the NC section, but since they only sold two cars I suppose it's inevitably tumbleweed too.

It's not unique - a lot of other forums seem to have descended into a few diehards having Beavis & Butthead-style arguments about nothing, really. So we are at least better than that!

BTW - those 'guests' are possibly bots. Maybe I am...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast