Thread: US windshield/Windscreen

Default US windshield/Windscreen

[Kaz-kzukNA1: 21/Aug/21 Moved this post from original thread;http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...autoglass-2021 and created new one in order to keep the original subject inline with OP.]

Can’t get OEM screen here in the States. Would someone, Kaz, please give me a the correct p/n and place to get the best screen for my 92 as mine has a chip and I’d like to replace it with an original Honda glass. Per Kaz, I’m guessing I should get the green tinted and I also need the p/n s for the trim and clips to have it installed.The only screens over here are second rate copies at best, of the OEM glass. If I have to pay to have it shipped from Japan I want the best quality.
    Thanks

Cheers
    nigel
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 21-08-2021 at 11:05 AM. Reason: as per top section marked in [ ].

Thanks for moving to proper place. Sorry Kaz for that. Any ideas lads ?

Cheers
    nigel

Blog Entries

For NA market, you may want staying with the OEM or aftermarket NA spec with VIN plate slit/opening.
    -506 is NLA. Blue one with VIN slit.
    -A02 is the green one and could be on long back order but looked to be still possible to place the order.

Safelite seems to be fairly popular option among Acura NSX owners.

Kaz

Yes Safelite can get the glass but only one of the “Brand X” aftermarket quality ones. Seems the only option is to order one from Japan as well as all the bits to install it correctly and pay the price for OEM quality. Insurance WON’T pay for any but cheap quality. Will be many dollars and a huge wait for the bits to get here but the only way to get what the car deserves.

Cheers
    nigel

Can't wait to hear what the shipping costs from Japan are for a very large, heavy chunk of glass. I purchased a few little plastic clips for my door latch from Amayama and the shipping costs were in the $40 range. Probably best to wait until COVID transitions from pandemic to endemic status and more shipping options become available.