Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: autoglass 2021

on the 18th August i pinged off a couple of slightly frustrated emails to Autoglass and one to my insurance.....

today (31st) i get a call from the lovely Katie at Autoglass, as my emails finally landed on the desk of someone who actually got the short straw to call me... she's now chasing up the depot, just to make sure the correct glass is being sourced and sent there, as i'm not convinced!

we shall see what she discovers!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

emailed Katie, as i hadn't heard back from her..... got this reply...

Good Afternoon,

Sorry I have not gotten back to you sooner. I chased this earlier today and had not received a reply. I just looked back on your file and our product team has confirmed that the part numbers you provided are the ones that are in the job. So everything is looking good and ready for your appointment on 07/09/21.
    shame i had to supply the part numbers again! and still not convinced, unless autoglass had a screen in stock anyway! Honda tod me their eta was sep t21st..
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Blog Entries

Wishing you good luck, I would be skeptical, too ..
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

I provided the part numbers when they did mine, they trusted me, got a brand new lower moulding too. Used that to my advantage

well the day came, and, to my surprise, they had the right glass

so with some sage advice to the fitter (he didn't seem to mind, and was happier someone knew how it all comes apart/goes together) it was fitted

IMG_20210907_095511 by NSX Jon, on Flickr

i did give him a print out of the top moulding TSB, but he ignored most of it, so i've just finished re-doing the top trim, not perfect, but better!!! hopefully i wont have another occasion to go thru this grief!!!

anyway, OEM glass....

IMG_20210907_122135 by NSX Jon, on Flickr

and blue top tint,....
    (white paper in front and behind)
    IMG_20210907_122118 by NSX Jon, on Flickr

hopefully i wont see them again!
    aka Jonathan!!

I had to resurrect this thread as I am waiting on auto glass to get back to me for my replacement!
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

I've just chased them up and they have given me an appointment for next week, I'll update what happens!

Quick update,

pleasantly surprised that they turned up with the correct windscreen in the correct colour (yes, with the blue top tint), however, they did not order the new windscreen trims, and although the one currently fitted was relatively new, the guy says he's rather do it properly (as he has done an NSX before a few years ago) so fair play, and I'm in no real rush anyway. to be continued.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Quick update,

pleasantly surprised that they turned up with the correct windscreen in the correct colour (yes, with the blue top tint), however, they did not order the new windscreen trims, and although the one currently fitted was relatively new, the guy says he's rather do it properly (as he has done an NSX before a few years ago) so fair play, and I'm in no real rush anyway. to be continued.
    I told you!! 😹😹😹 they did the same with mine. Effectively doing a 50 mile round trip to show you the screen they can’t fit. They are a crazy company! Good luck mate. Hopefully soon.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

i know I know, i did tell them that the one currently in was pretty new but he was adamant that he wanted to put a fresh one in ! At least the have the right colour screen though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast