Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: autoglass 2021

Default autoglass 2021

seems they are still useless... end of June (19th or 26th, it was a saturday!) I pick up a stone chip, on virtually the first 'not a journey to work' for 18 months, so straight round to autoglass as i'm literally 5 mins away

oooh.. you'll need a new screen, i'll do a temp repair to stop it tracking any further (or more likely he didnt want to get all the kit out!) anyhoo, new glass ordered.....

week later a message to say glass due in, hmmm, quicker than expected, but they had the numbers from the last screen....and book it for July 6th!! hurrah

turns out they got me a brand new civic (with dash cam) screen... booooo.... but assure me the correct screen is now ordered....

I make contact a week later, to be told its def ordered but has to come from japan (feasible) so will be up to 8 weeks

6 weeks pass (18th august now!) so I make contact just to make sure, to be told...

Hello

Have had a look into your booking we are expecting your glass to arrive on the 27th October

Because Glass is obsolete from approved suppliers and dealers we have had to source the glass due to special order

We will call you once the glass has arrived to arrnge an appointment

Regards,
    Booking Response Team
    really??? i had this 2 years ago, where i had to chase around convincing everyone that a UK screen fits a JDM screen and all nsx is the same shape just might have a sticker, or vin cut out... liaising between honda, the insurance, and autoglass......

seems i've got to do it all again!

i wouldn't mind but autoglass have the part number referenced to my car, well they should have......

if they had asked me i could have given them the part number, i still have the old emails!

so the farce continues
    Last edited by britlude; 18-08-2021 at 04:47 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

And then you better hope they’ve got the correct top strip! Good luck.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

got all the same part numbers they fitted last time!
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Just checked with my local Honda dealer, 73111-SL0-507 is on back order til Sept 21st..... A month better already, and we know Honda quotes worst case eta estimates..... And Christian has 12 in stock... But getting the insurance to OK that is the problem...
    aka Jonathan!!

Blog Entries

Or, get -020 to enhance your 'green' looks with added benefit of reduced UV.
    While the windshield is still available in both colours, the blue one for the door glass is NLA.

As mentioned several times, I wish AGC Europe were to deliver Coolvere (marketed as IRIS outside of Japan) to UK as well.
    Dramatically reduces the thermal heat from the direct sunlight into cabin so you can feel the difference in a/c efficiency.
    Yet it's priced as same as the OEM windshield so quite popular option in Japan.

Kaz

Not sure I'll get any choice on the screen, at the current rate I'll be lucky to get anything
    aka Jonathan!!

Well.... Txt/email from autoglass today inviting me to make an appointment to get the screen fitted....

We shall see if its the right one this time on Tuesday.... Not holding my breath tho!!!!

Edit... I asked for next Tuesday 31st Aug, they have given me Tuesday 7th Sept... Grrrrrr
    Last edited by britlude; 24-08-2021 at 03:14 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

Did you pay the excess up front?
    I had similar issues with Autoglass and I'd not paid the excess upfront. When the job was finally completed and someone called for me to pay it, I told them to look back at the job log and tell me if they thought I should pay it. They let me off.
    Nice to know we can still get screens though.

Alas I'd paid it just before the first aborted fitting
    aka Jonathan!!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    Alas I'd paid it just before the first aborted fitting
    When this little saga is over, call them up and complain. I had a very similar experience with them a couple of years ago, and I did succeed in getting the excess refunded. Scant comfort after all the difficulties, but still worth a try.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast