Thread: autoglass 2021

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default autoglass 2021

seems they are still useless... end of June (19th or 26th, it was a saturday!) I pick up a stone chip, on virtually the first 'not a journey to work' for 18 months, so straight round to autoglass as i'm literally 5 mins away

oooh.. you'll need a new screen, i'll do a temp repair to stop it tracking any further (or more likely he didnt want to get all the kit out!) anyhoo, new glass ordered.....

week later a message to say glass due in, hmmm, quicker than expected, but they had the numbers from the last screen....and book it for July 6th!! hurrah

turns out they got me a brand new civic (with dash cam) screen... booooo.... but assure me the correct screen is now ordered....

I make contact a week later, to be told its def ordered but has to come from japan (feasible) so will be up to 8 weeks

6 weeks pass (18th august now!) so I make contact just to make sure, to be told...

Hello

Have had a look into your booking we are expecting your glass to arrive on the 27th October

Because Glass is obsolete from approved suppliers and dealers we have had to source the glass due to special order

We will call you once the glass has arrived to arrnge an appointment

Regards,
    Booking Response Team
    really??? i had this 2 years ago, where i had to chase around convincing everyone that a UK screen fits a JDM screen and all nsx is the same shape just might have a sticker, or vin cut out... liaising between honda, the insurance, and autoglass......

seems i've got to do it all again!

i wouldn't mind but autoglass have the part number referenced to my car, well they should have......

if they had asked me i could have given them the part number, i still have the old emails!

so the farce continues
    Last edited by britlude; 18-08-2021 at 04:47 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....