Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E10 and our NSX

Default E10 and our NSX

Any issue with the new E10 fuel for our NSX?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

If you’re unhappy with having ethanol in your fuel you have the option of Esso Supreme at 99 octane with zero ethanol in it.
    https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels/petrol

4. Default

Also this from Honda in Germany ...

https://deapps.honda.de/inhalt/servi...Automobile.pdf
    Paul
    1997 3.2 NSX-T : Ext. Magnum Grey : Int. Red / Black

Shame fuel economy plummets..... So more 'enviromental' fuel but you have to use more of it....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Blog Entries

Same subject discussed in multiple car forums including the MX5OC (MX5 Owners Club).
    I have JDM 93 1.8L Mk1 NA Eunos Roadster (Mazda MX-5 in Europe, Miata in US, etc) so followed the topic especially after Mazda announced that E10 is only suitable for 02+ Mazda cars.

Other European countries already had E10 for quite some time and in US, they were using the E10 for years now.
    It was already at some of the pumps in early '90s.

As in previous thread as well as Honda Europe already stated, E10 is fine with all fuel injection controlled Honda models.

The majority of the fuel system components such as the fuel pump, tank, hoses, plastics, etc on our NSX are shared among different country specs.
    So, if not compatible, by now, some NSX would have shown the side-effects in US.

I'll just keep using the super premium grade because for now, it will stay at E5.

More worried about my chainsaw and lawn mower so I may need going back to expensive alkylate petrol.

Kaz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMixedUpKid View Post
    Also this from Honda in Germany ...

https://deapps.honda.de/inhalt/servi...Automobile.pdf

Quite interesting that all the carburator equipped vehicles are marked non-safe for E10 ..
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    Quite interesting that all the carburator equipped vehicles are marked non-safe for E10 ..

because E10 attacks the rubbers, especially the accelerator diaphragms.... particularly annoying as the hotrod has 4 carbs!!! and the hydroscopic properties doesn't help carb castings....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Blog Entries

Well, call me surprised but my motorbikes and lawn mower are all fine with E10. The Kawasaki W650 even had issues with carburettor icing which could be helped by adding natural alcohol to the gasoline - or running it on E10
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post

More worried about my chainsaw and lawn mower so I may need going back to expensive alkylate petrol.

Kaz
    I recognize that this is a bit late to the party; but, the owners manual for my North American Honda lawnmower (2001) says no problem with 10% ethanol by volume. Methanol bearing fuels must be limited to 5% by volume and must have corrosion inhibitors. Similar wording appears in the manual for my Honda string trimmer, Honda powered pressure washer and EU 3000is generator (2008). They have all been run on E10 (ethanol) without apparent issue. My Honda 1980 CB 750F ran on E10 after it became the defacto fuel standard right up until I sold it about 15 years ago.

The NSX is a different matter because around here just about any fuel that has an R+M/2 octane of 91 or higher has no ethanol content. A bit curious because the 10% ethanol content typically gives you a little octane bump.
    Last edited by Old guy; 28-09-2021 at 11:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast