Thread: Track Day Star

Cool Track Day Star

So my new track day hero (BAC Mono - before you ask, yes you do feel like an F1 driver in one, simply epic!) decided to break (split a coolant pipe due to the alternator coming loose grrr...) at the Goodwood track day today after only 2 runs. So it was straight onto the transporter to go to the factory before Silverstone on Monday. (Luckily as this was a factory supported day, there was a team there looking after the cars.)

So rather than waste the entry fee, I hitched a lift back home on my buddy's motorbike and returned in NSX 5 for the afternoon. I was a little nervous as the NSX is now quite old (1991) and not really a track car, at least not compared to the Mono and GT3 RS's and 458's that were there.

I needn't have worried, the old girl coped without turning a hair, and was a complete joy to throw around the Goodwood circuit, I had no idea the handling was this good. I'm pretty sure I was actually virtually as fast as in the Mono (520 bhp/tonne!) because the NSX is so friendly compared to a race car.

The 30 year old Honda engineering didn't skip a beat and NSX 5 was perfectly able to cruise back home afterwards.

Very impressed. I might do the next track day in the NSX rather than the Mono!

(It also attracted more of a crowd than the more extreme cars there, and I even ended up doing some passenger laps for admirers at the end of the day.)
    Last edited by rkanaga; 10-06-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    1991 Red/Black manual NSX 5 53,000 miles.
    2016 BAC Mono 7,000 miles (just mind blowing, how is it road legal?)

Daily driver 2005 Porsche 997.1 C2S manual (Peak 911 IMHO)

Great little story, thanks for sharing.👍
    I love taking my NSX around Goodwood as well.
    It’s such a great flat track with beautiful sweeping curves and challenging twisties.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

PM just sent
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  