Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Collecting cars auction

it wasnt a distress sale at all, moving to a house with a smaller garage and my other cars are all projects.

It went for a lot cheaper than expected but I still made money from it lol.

Collectingcars give you the full hammer price and buyer pays 5% above that.

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    An auction where the seller gets the full hammer price - useful to know. I would have expected Plans to hoover it up at that price and immediately turn it around - they have no manual cars at all listed.

Hope it wasn't a distress sale, and that you've got something interesting lined up.

It’s strange there are no manual cars around. It’s been like that for quite a while. Every once in a while one comes up.
    Certainly I haven’t seen a green coupe for a while. I do think that presentation is incredibly important. More and more these days. Originality with these cars for good resale cannot be overstated.
    I’n also interested to see how these new auction companies are doing. Seems crazy to bid online without a viewing.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

I bought a car in the summer using Car and Classic and sold another on the same site (neither were NSX). On the sale side I had 10 bidders not one viewed the car, the winning bidder a private buyer had the car collected by a courier after paying in full, he had no complaints with the car. The car I bought had 14 bidders, it turned out I was the only person to view. My experience with CandC is they do their best to represent the car honestly with lots of good photographs and specific reference to any problems. But I would still never buy without viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    It’s strange there are no manual cars around. It’s been like that for quite a while. Every once in a while one comes up.
    Certainly I haven’t seen a green coupe for a while. I do think that presentation is incredibly important. More and more these days. Originality with these cars for good resale cannot be overstated.
    I’n also interested to see how these new auction companies are doing. Seems crazy to bid online without a viewing.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC]

www.nsxclub.co.uk

2001 NA2 Imola Orange Pearl/Black Leather (Type S evocation)
    2003 NA2 Long Beach Blue/Black Leather (NSX-R evocation)

Non NSX
    Lotus Carlton 30/250

Previous NSX
    2004 NA2-R Championship White/Red Seats 111/150 personal import April 2016 sold 2020
    NA2 2005 NA2 LBB/Grey Leather last 12 car, 2005 Pearl White/Red Leather last 12 car, 2003-T Black/Black, 2003-T Red/Black
    NA1 1996 Type R White/Black 447/483, 2 x 1991 manual, 1993 manual, 1996-T manual, 2002-T F-matic

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234