Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collecting cars auction

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 2000 View Post
    I would like to suggest that somebody at Lister Classics has been on the old wacky backy, I'm sure Honda UK sold more than 19 RHD fixed headlamp facelift cars. But it's the 1989 Jaguar XJR-S that is the biggest laugh, £50K, no way, they have been a little bit wild in their discription, with the history of the XJR-S! They really should do more basic research.
    A facelift NA2 recently sold in HK for £160k - the wacky baccy is catching !!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    Its an Auto - so probably the reason it will be lower. Still not a lot of money for a lovely car. More people should try the Auto - they would be pleasantly surprised just how good they are - even side by side with the 5 speed.
    Quite a bit cheaper: £35,000 was the hammer price.

As for trying an auto, I probably should.

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Quite a bit cheaper: £35,000 was the hammer price.

As for trying an auto, I probably should.
    My first drive in an NSX was an auto, in 1990, a pre-launch car Honda had at Swindon had alongside the new 4WS Preludes …

When looking to buy my NSX, although looking for a manual, the first car I drove was a early Black auto which was a joy to drive … had I been able to I would have that and my NA2 and would probably be competing with Britlude for daily drive mileage numbers

As per Sorepaws comment, if you’ve not driven one and are looking for an NSX, you really should try before you exclude from your search/
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

My own bias is based entirely on the daft behaviour of autoboxes when you are driving enthusiastically and approaching a roundabout or even a bend. In an auto, the change will always be at the wrong time - too late. Typically it's just as you get back on the throttle, throwing the car off balance as much as being jerky and annoying. I'm definitely NOT a heel-n-toe Driving God, but any driver with a manual transmission learns how to get the 'flow' of driving on the twisties.

Well what looked like a clean JDM 95 manual in green with 74k miles sold for 41k on Collecting Cars.

Seems the market is a good bit softer/ someone got a bargain.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1995-honda-nsx-1
    1991 Red/Black manual NSX 5 53,000 miles.
    2016 BAC Mono 7,000 miles (just mind blowing, how is it road legal?)

Daily driver 2005 Porsche 997.1 C2S manual (Peak 911 IMHO)

Interesting - at first, that seems quite low compared to all of the autos on the market (lowest being the modded one at £39995).

But with the buyer's premium, I suppose the actual price is closer to £46k? Whereas the poor seller must have received a figure closer to £37k?

Wonder if we will see it back on sale at a dealer before very long?

I like it. It looks straight and mostly original. And the non original parts are nothing to change.
    I think the wheels are terrible and I would have gone with the other ones.
    It’s funny when you look hard at any car, you start noticing things; at some point the centre console has been out and they have taken the paint off the volume knob. The gear-shifter’s pretty scuffed and back to front. That’s an £80 part. There’s the usual bracket corrosion under the bonnet, but that’s all easily sorted. Correct stickers. The paint looks good from the photos and it has the nicer rear bumper. It even has the correct amount of digits on the vin and engine number, unlike that black car that sold earlier this year. So on the face of it, it looks like a steal.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Somebody got a bargain.
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

That was my car that sold for 41k. It definitely was a steal for the buyer.

I got the full 41k and the new owner is a collector so it wont be coming back up for sale.
    Last edited by Wazzz; 06-11-2021 at 08:59 AM.

10. 06-11-2021, 08:35 AM

Reason
    not required

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzz View Post
    That was my car that sold for 41k. It definitely was a steal for the buyer.

I got the full 41k and the new owner is a collector so it wont be coming back up for sale.
    An auction where the seller gets the full hammer price - useful to know. I would have expected Plans to hoover it up at that price and immediately turn it around - they have no manual cars at all listed.

Hope it wasn't a distress sale, and that you've got something interesting lined up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast