Thread: EPS codes 11 and 13

Default EPS codes 11 and 13

My 1995 model has been laid up for several months.

On ignition, the EPS light came on as normal but didn't go out on engine start, not even briefly.

I suspected it might be a low voltage sort of issue. I read the codes, 11 and 13 but charging the battery and resetting the codes via the clock fuse makes no difference.

Does anyone know what triggers 11 and 13 please?

Regards,

Blog Entries

Time to download the Workshop manual.
    NSX Prime offers it through its Wiki page; http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Service_manuals
    Zipped pdf version has main menu with linked page index so quite useful.

If you read the code properly, I'm afraid EPS #11 & 13 are torque sensor related and not something you want.

As your NSX was not used for several months, first, please check the area behind the battery case (for your year model, there are multiple connectors from the rack behind there), battery terminal, GND cable and the interface circuit box area at the EPS rack.
    Both codes are torque sensor voltage related but unless you triggered other EPS error codes, very unlikely to be battery connection or battery voltage related but worth checking the above.

Hope there was no small friend inside your garage or no nest somewhere on your NSX.

I know T3TEC in Japan has created the replacement torque sensor I/F circuit board but could be out of stock.

Don't know the EPS controller version on your NSX but if original 95, sooner or later, it will trigger EPS error code #22.

Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    Time to download the Workshop manual.
    NSX Prime offers it through its Wiki page; http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Service_manuals
    Zipped pdf version has main menu with linked page index so quite useful.

If you read the code properly, I'm afraid EPS #11 & 13 are torque sensor related and not something you want.

As your NSX was not used for several months, first, please check the area behind the battery case (for your year model, there are multiple connectors from the rack behind there), battery terminal, GND cable and the interface circuit box area at the EPS rack.
    Both codes are torque sensor voltage related but unless you triggered other EPS error codes, very unlikely to be battery connection or battery voltage related but worth checking the above.

Hope there was no small friend inside your garage or no nest somewhere on your NSX.

I know T3TEC in Japan has created the replacement torque sensor I/F circuit board but could be out of stock.

Don't know the EPS controller version on your NSX but if original 95, sooner or later, it will trigger EPS error code #22.

Kaz
    Hi Kaz,

As always, thank-you for the advice.

Looking back the EPS controller was part number 39980-SLO-023

I have a manual somewhere between here and 121 degrees East, I was hunting through packing boxes last night but failed to find it, so yes, I better download another.

I also hope no rodent has been nesting in my wiring loom. Rodent damage was fairly common where I worked in the Far East and they did a lot of damage.

Looks like I better start checking the connectors.

I had EPS code 22 about 13 years ago and had the relays replaced with the heavy duty ones. The EPS has worked fine since then until it refused to play a couple of days ago.

Regards,

Andy