Thread: UK Market Interior Plastic Trim Colour Code

1. Default UK Market Interior Plastic Trim Colour Code

I recently ordered a new centre console air vent from Amayama as mine was cracked.

Unfortunately it seems I didn't do quite enough research on the colour - I ordered the NH1L colour variant (77610-SL0-A02Za if anyone's interested), and on delivery have found that the NH1L colour is subtly different to the existing part, and to the centre console trim. It looks like NH1L has just a hint more silver in the black.

There's not a lot of information out there on the UK plastic trim colour (for reference, my car is a 96 UK Targa), but the little information that is available suggests that the correct colour variant for an EU car would actually have been TMFBLK.

Mita Motorsports offer the centre console air vent in a range of colours including TMFBLK, but for a bit more money than Amayama.

I'm not in a great hurry to replace my new replacement air vent (not at full price from Mita, anyway) but I'd like to at least be able to figure out what the correct part number is. So far I haven't found a parts catalogue which tells me the centre vent part number for anything other than NH1L.

Does anyone know if the UK shared the same TMFBLK code as the other EU cars?

Are the two-letter part suffixes for colour coding always the same for trim colours - i.e. will an NH1L part always have a -Za suffix etc?

Blog Entries

Several options available but you can use https://lingshondaparts.com for searching the parts #.

Please note that as you experienced, having the same colour code doesn't mean the same finish.

NH1L means 'Black' but you could have several different finishes.

The one you ordered (-A02ZA) is standard for JDM and it has metal plated/coating finish.

In Europe, the centre console/air vent/etc trims started with the matt/matte finish and for your centre vent, should have been -G03ZA.
    The same finish used on the JDM Type-S so European models already had the Type-S treatment from the beginning.

Type-R is also using the code NH1L but it's like frosted/rough matt/matte finish.

The NH1L is even assigned for the carbon like finish trims as well so just be careful next time.

Unfortunately, the [ZA] suffix has no relationship with NH1L black.

It just stands for a certain variant within the same parts # and that's it.

So, while with your centre air vent, it was for the NH1L black, on other parts, you could have Red, Grey, etc with the parts # ending as ZA.

Kaz

3. Default

Every day's a school day - thanks Kaz!

The lack of clarity in the way Honda named the parts is a bit frustrating, but I suppose it would have got very complicated to individually name every trim piece variant with the combination of base colour and finish.

At least the part is still available - perhaps it being the Type-S spec helps!