Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prices going up??????

Just been looking at the JDM prices again. You really can’t buy anything good for under £70-£80K these days. Even the colour changed/riced-up cars are expensive. And as we know, if you paint one of these cars a different colour you are screwed come resale.
    Anyway, it all got me thinking about the future value of these cars. The UK market still seems undervalued when compared against Japan and the US and as a result, I guess cars continue to trickle out into other markets. In ten years time, will we be in a position where we have only a tiny pool of cars left and will UK prices finally reflect this?

Answers on postcard, or below. Come on kids, there are no wrong answers. Well actually there are, but it’s important to take part!

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Just the other day a low mileage '93 R sold in Japan at auction for 36million JPY - which is 240k GBP - according to a contact who imports cars here to NZ. That car would have set an NZ owner back more than 4 times the cost to land the car here in NZ compared to what i paid 6 years ago for my Type S...
    I think that this shows how far the market has moved in recent years.
    Last edited by NZNick; 17-05-2022 at 03:02 AM.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    Just the other day a low mileage '93 R sold in Japan at auction for 36million JPY - which is 240k GBP - according to a contact who imports cars here to NZ. That car would have set the an NZ owner back more than 4 times the cost to land the car here in NZ compared to what i paid 6 years ago for my Type S...
    I think that this shows how far the market has moved in recent years.
    Certainly things have moved on internationally. But I think that the UK market is a strange market for the NSX. Having currently two cars for sale. I am amazed at the questions I am asked. There is much misinformation out there. I have found that, on the whole buyers are ill advised in their focus. My current favourites are that the UK market cars can suffer from chassis erosion as a result of salt, which is impossible to repair! The other popular one is people expecting 20-30 year old cars to have completely original paint! When statistically over 25% of all cars have had paint before they get to the showroom. In fact, every NSX I have ever owned needed paint somewhere. Even the low mileage garage queens.
    When will buyers realise that we are in the next phase with these cars. The one where the car is judged on condition, service history and rarity. Tbh with so few cars left, buyers should be lucky there are any for sale at all.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12