Thread: New record price achieved for ‘base model’ NSX

Default New record price achieved for ‘base model’ NSX

Was sent this by another forum member today......Quite impressive for a non R or S. but wouldn’t you rather have an R8 :-)

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-acura-nsx-15/
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Blog Entries

Interestingly, for such a mint condition NSX, the radio knobs (it has been replaced in 2015) have the wrong colour ..
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

So that’s around £115k ... lets hope he drives it and doesn’t tuck it the garage with his 2 NA1-R’s ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

and then there’s this one! And it’s not even original! Look at that stereo damn it! Which brings me to my next question; with the general demise of NSX stereos and associated parts. Will aftermarket units become more acceptable on resale.

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/...-auto?sfns=mo#
    Last edited by Papalazarou; 06-04-2021 at 07:34 PM. Reason: More exciting things to say. God I can hardly contain my enthusiasm...
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

there are always going to be those that hanker for originality, and then there's those with no cassettes....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

The sellers of the Silverstone car would be pleased with that price, I would think. I'm not 100% sure but I think this was an ex-Sultan of Brunei collection car, if I have the chronology correct.

I bought that reg no (NSX6) at a DVLA auction in January 2013, then swapped it for mine (V6 NSX) with the guy who bought this car as he realised that this car was too old! I'm still not sure who got the better deal!
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Default Nsx 6

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post
    The sellers of the Silverstone car would be pleased with that price, I would think. I'm not 100% sure but I think this was an ex-Sultan of Brunei collection car, if I have the chronology correct.

I bought that reg no (NSX6) at a DVLA auction in January 2013, then swapped it for mine (V6 NSX) with the guy who bought this car as he realised that this car was too old! I'm still not sure who got the better deal!
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid for NSX6? It would provide a useful guide to how much NSX5 (which I have) is worth.

(Please email me if you would rather not say in public)

Cheers

Robin

(rkanaga at Hotmail.com)
    1991 Red/Black manual NSX 5 53,000 miles.
    2016 BAC Mono 7,000 miles (just mind blowing, how is it road legal?)

Daily driver 2005 Porsche 997.1 C2S manual (Peak 911 IMHO)

Quote Originally Posted by rkanaga View Post
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid for NSX6? It would provide a useful guide to how much NSX5 (which I have) is worth.

(Please email me if you would rather not say in public)

Cheers

Robin

(rkanaga at Hotmail.com)
    I paid £1900 plus fees, but this was back in 2013 (it's easy to check on the DVLA website, so I have no problem saying in public). But values on regos isn't related to what you may have paid at auction: I paid £4500 for 46 GT in 2005, sold it 9 years later for £10k.

Some prices people are willing to pay are mind boggling.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger