Thread: Vin numbers

Default Vin numbers

I may be sliding into senility, but I can’t seem to find any solid information regarding vin numbers anywhere. Any mention online seems to be for USDM cars and I can’t seem to find anything on here.
    Ideally I’d like UK and JDM decoding.
    Admin please send some links if there are any.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Blog Entries

Hi, James. Welcome back.

For JDM, each manufactures must declare several spec/categories to the authorities in order to be registered as a production car.

Any changes to these must be declared under different type/model and thus, for JDM NSX VIN, there are more than 16 format in use.
    Then, it goes even further for the sub categories for factory fitted equipments, etc such as the driver/passenger SRS, audio system fitted/none, A/C fitted/none, etc.

Changes are not yearly based and VIN itself won't tell some of the configuration info such as MT/AT, Coupe/NSX-T, etc.

The first step is to get the first 3 digits of the VIN after NA1-*** or NA2-***

For European model, I have the info but it's only on my 32bit machine and not using dual boot so I'll get it this week as I'm pretty busy this weekend.

Or, if you already have specific VIN in mind, just forward them to me.

I'm still using the same mobile number (ending ***30) for my WhatsApp account and the same email address although everyone can contact me through
    kaznsxcb-002 at yahoo dot co dot jp

Kaz

Thanks kaz,

I was interested to know about the vin on my JDM 91. Will send it to you. If you have a chance to look at it sometime that would be great.

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

4. Default

Me too Kaz; I’ll send you an email����