Thread: Honda Parts Supplier in USA

1. Default Honda Parts Supplier in USA

Does anyone here know of or use a Honda supplier in the US, preferably near Chicago, I want to buy some Ignition Coils. I have a friend in Chicago who will bring these to the UK for me.
    I have contacted a couple of dealers near Chicago that I found by searching but haven't heard from either of them yet,
    Thanks

Blog Entries

If within US, plenty of options but followings are well known to the community.
    Bit far from Chicago though….

oemacuraparts.com
    Tim has been the great supporter for the NSX community and widely known on NSX Prime.
    I bought from him many times.

acurapartsforless.com
    Never bought from them but widely known on Prime and FB group.
    Apparently, there is 5% discount code [ 5NSX ] for delivery within US.
    Don't know whether it still works or not.

Your friend is in Chicago so no need reminding the following but something to take into consideration.

Many part of US was hit by snow storm early-mid/Feb and still dealing with the backlog.

USPS still has huge backlog and delay even within domestic service.

One of the main hub for FedEx is located in Memphis TN.
    If going through there, takes extra time.
    Package left NY latter part of Feb, took 1 week before arriving in TN and then to UK.
    Even for FedEx, took more than 2 weeks for the delivery.

Something ordered at the same time but using UPS through west coast was fine.

Kaz

Honda blocked the part orders from the US several times. Most dealers state on the website that they only ship within the US.

I've had plenty of orders in the US until maybe 2017/2018. In the meantime some vendors in Japan became a good alternative.

If you want to order them in the US I'd ask your friend to order and pay them.

4. Default

Thank you Kaz, I was trying not to bother you

5. Default

Thank you for advice

I've emailed Tim direct in the past, explained I'm in the UK and checked he was happy shipping to a friend in the US. Paid him no problem from the UK...

RockAuto are in Madison, Wisconsin, which is a couple of hours from Chicago. The have parts from various manufacturers including NGK who I believe are the OEM supplier to Honda
    The list NSX parts under Acura, so you will have to be certain that the part your car requires is exactly the same as the Acura "equivalent", as some parts were upgraded / superseded in different years, and some parts (for example O2 sensors) may have different cable lengths etc.
    Another company is Sparkplugs.com, but they are located on the West Coast.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

8. Default

Thanks everyone, parts ordered from acurapartsforless.com and on their way to my friend near Chicago