Thread: Rear light unit.....

Default Rear light unit.....

Has anyone got an old broken rear light unit kicking about that they don't want? Jdm/uk/eu colour?

I'm experimenting and going to chop it up, so all I really need is the flat bit of the red....

Just thought I'd ask, as I don't really want to pay silly money for an experiment!!

Yes there's one on ebay, but he wants too much!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

What part of the light are you looking for Jon?

i want to experiment replacing the clear reversing light section with a bit of suitably coloured plastic with the right curve, rather than the 'not-quite-the-right-colour' tint i have at the moment..., hence chop it out of a broken light unit rather than cutting up a good one..... so smashed corners, broken tabs, generally, 'never going to realistically be used' type of thing....

someone has one with a smashed corner on ebay, but they want £100 for it... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-NSX...53.m2763.l2649 made a reasonable offer, but they declined, so they can keep it....

Nsx rear lights by jon sutherland, on Flickr
    Last edited by britlude; 28-02-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

i know i could get a UK and EU appropriate side light units to give me 2 red OEM fog lights, but i find the different colour red on those are just as irritating as the white squares on the JDM
    aka Jonathan!!

I see. I chopped out the red part from a smashed set of UKDM lights a while back, that part does come out quite easily. My plan was to do a similar thing with my USDM 02' tail lights but I can't bring myself to do it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210228_161154.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	14198

I have a full set of USA spec which is useless and taking up space...if it is any use

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

I believe US is the odd one out in the rear light dept, being a brighter/lighter red than the rest of the world... But thanks for the offer...
    aka Jonathan!!

I have a set of JDM rear lights that I am hoping to fit to my car, which means my original UK ones will be surplus to requirements for me ( IF I can get them to work the way I want, I like symmetry so I want to have 2 x reverse lights, full side/brake lights and I am going for the "middle " part DIY Fog light conversion.
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.