Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NSX wanted

^ Have you bought Mark C's Type S ???
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Yes I bought another orange one!
    It’s a nice car. It drives well and it feels quick. But then it’s run in. It might also have something to do with driving a van every day. The drive home was good. After being a Yokohama convert, it was comforting to have Bridgstones in the torrential rain and glaring horizon sun.
    Anyway, it’s not a type S. Perhaps if I sold both cars I could get one? That’s not a request by the way. I think two is better than one. Even if the other one’s living in my mates garage.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

I can’t believe you weren’t tempted by this beauty ... https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/list...32&cId=7432511
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

It’s an interesting car. I really like some aspects of it. It looks like a purpose built race car, but actually well done for a change (although I have not seen it). I guess from a buyers point of view you have a good base car for an engine tune.
    I think the interior needs finishing; pretty much any modified NSX I’ve seen seems to run out of steam here. So for me (and I know it’s expensive), replace door cars or at least parts of them with carbon inserts. A nice digital dash would also be good.
    Anyway, looks like it’s been done well.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    Yes I bought another orange one!
    It’s a nice car. It drives well and it feels quick. But then it’s run in. It might also have something to do with driving a van every day. The drive home was good. After being a Yokohama convert, it was comforting to have Bridgstones in the torrential rain and glaring horizon sun.
    Anyway, it’s not a type S. Perhaps if I sold both cars I could get one? That’s not a request by the way. I think two is better than one. Even if the other one’s living in my mates garage.

Cheers.
    Good to hear that you bought it: assuming it's the one you called me about, if you want any more detail of what was done in my time, do let me know. Glad you mention that it feels quick: my hazy memory was that it felt quicker than my current one does. When I sold it they took the exhaust off it - I'd love to know where that exhaust ended up as it was a beauty: Advance Titanium for NA2.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post
    Good to hear that you bought it: assuming it's the one you called me about, if you want any more detail of what was done in my time, do let me know. Glad you mention that it feels quick: my hazy memory was that it felt quicker than my current one does. When I sold it they took the exhaust off it - I'd love to know where that exhaust ended up as it was a beauty: Advance Titanium for NA2.
    Thanks for the help last week. Regarding speed. Every one I’ve driven seems to make power differently. They do seem to take a long time to properly loosen up. I owned an 03 car a number of years back and it didn’t do anything until it was pushing at least 5k. This one seems very healthy in comparison.
    It doesn’t help that I drive a VW crafter 6 hours a day and haven’t done much car related for a few years.
    The car has a BC backbox on it now. It’s not very loud but more importantly doesn’t drone!
    The best exhaust I had was a tubi. It did drone a little, but it was civilised and pitchy. Preference I guess.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12