Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New owner...nearly.

Default New owner...nearly.

Hi everyone,
    I've paid the deposit on a 94 manual car and now just need to figure out how to collect her. Hopefully a fly down drive back option will be possible in a couple of weeks.

Toyed with NSX ownership once before, always liked them, but still never sat in let alone driven one. Much the same as my MR2’s from 20+ years ago right 😂

Recognise they don’t have big power numbers but hopefully the drive is rewarding in other ways. If not, she’s still gorgeous and timeless in my eyes so will clean and use for posing in/the school run. One child can take the bus.

Anyway, look forward to getting advice on how to get her properly sorted, not that I can do any spannering, and hopefully meet up with some local loons. Any members this far north?

Thanks,
    B.

2. Default

Hi there,

Firstly big congratulations. You are right about timeless and they are / were streets ahead of their time. I drove mine from Surrey to Fort William and back not long after I bought it and it was a very capable long distance driver. Totally economic, comfortable and powerful enough. You will be red lining it just to listen to the engine!

I'm not a techie but I'm sure some of the others here will respond

Cheers, Jeff

nice one and welcome on board

doing big miles is super easy in the car ... you can GT all day in the car if you wish without getting too fatigued

plenty of info on here with the favourite mods etc. some real good ones to kick off with

i too own an 94 car in manual guise ... did you get the 'purer' non eps rack?
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Bonners View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I've paid the deposit on a 94 manual car and now just need to figure out how to collect her. Hopefully a fly down drive back option will be possible in a couple of weeks.

Toyed with NSX ownership once before, always liked them, but still never sat in let alone driven one. Much the same as my MR2’s from 20+ years ago right ��

Recognise they don’t have big power numbers but hopefully the drive is rewarding in other ways. If not, she’s still gorgeous and timeless in my eyes so will clean and use for posing in/the school run. One child can take the bus.

Anyway, look forward to getting advice on how to get her properly sorted, not that I can do any spannering, and hopefully meet up with some local loons. Any members this far north?

Thanks,
    B.
    Welcome to the Forum, My NSX is at home in Edinburgh, but I hope to bring it up north in the summer. I could go via Aberdeen (if things are back to normal by then).

Cheers
    Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Thanks guys,
    Yes, went for the real man steering option ��. Up this way there are excellent roads pretty much everywhere so I don’t anticipate pooling around at low speeds much. My first love is actually motorbikes, and although only been back in Scotland for a year or so I know plenty good roads on both sides of the country.

Always keen to meet fellow petrolheads Jim so do let me know when heading up this way...once wee Jimmy crankie allows it of course.

A few mods suggestions would be quite welcome, let’s just hope she’s a solid car in the first place.
    B.

Welcome Bonners.

Thanks NSXGB

FYI seller advises the aircon isn’t working. Could be a gas issue but expect it could also be much worse, any obvious things to check for? I’m not overly concerned, I live in Scotland after all, but I do like things right.

Blog Entries

The Climate Control Unit is also subject to capacitor leakage but that usually affects more than just the aircon.
    You can quickly blip one of the Aircon filler valves to check if the pressure is completely gone. If there's a massive leak the corresponding area might show green UV dye (e.g. at the compressor).
    All other checks would required electrical equipment or an aircon service gauge, I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonners View Post
    Thanks NSXGB

FYI seller advises the aircon isn’t working. Could be a gas issue but expect it could also be much worse, any obvious things to check for? I’m not overly concerned, I live in Scotland after all, but I do like things right.
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

Blog Entries

Hi, Bonners

Congrats for becoming the proud owner and welcome to the Forum.
    Small community but lots of nice and helpful owners here.

For the A/C, if it's 94, I would be surprised if the previous owner(s) didn't act on the electronics components such as the CCU (Climate Control Unit), etc.

Lots of examples here; http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/blog.php?1811&blogcategoryid=24

The most typical failure mode is that the fan speed control only works when it was set at max speed setting or the fan/vent doors operates but nothing on the display.

Many people uses the wording ' A/C ' in many ways.

Some just refer it as anything around the climate control.
    So, it could be anything such as the blower fan not working, low refrigerant requiring the re-charge, CCU failure, blower fan relay burnt out, etc.

Others are more specific and refer it for the actual A/C system such as the compressor, compressor CL, evaporator, etc.

Once you got the car at your place and if the CCU display still works, good starting point is to try the CCU Function and Operation check.

CcuFunctOpeCheck.pdf

The A/C compressor CL won't engage if the evaporator is below 3 - 4 degC.
    Same if the refrigerant is way too low and couldn't engage the triple pressure switch so don't get confused.

The condenser fans should still work even for both cases above so at least, you should hear extra fan noise from each side of the front bumper.

There is also Self Diagnosis test procedure but it can lead to wrong diagnosis if the CCU already has a problem so just use it for checking the sensor connection, etc.

CCU-Diag.pdf

You can still learn a lot while waiting for the arrival of your NSX.
    Although some of the info are outdated and no longer applicable, if you are interested in reading, these are goodnight readings (or probably keeps you awake)
    http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ormation-Index

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ation-Index-02

Hope we can catch up at one of the event some point later this year.

Kaz

Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 13-02-2021 at 01:28 PM. Reason: extra info, typo

Thanks guys,
    Helpful...and disconcerting at the same time. Owner tells me the fan speed adjustments work so will troubleshoot as Kaz’s links suggest once I get her home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast