Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED headlamp bulbs

exactly what we did with Sarah's nissan cube, got the OEM HID set up, that was an option, and worked that into the car. as the optics are designed for the HID bulbs (and as a bonus all OEM) there is no issue.

if you can find some OEM HID pop up light units, then you are good to go! same as swapping in later fixed light front end, as they were designed to take HID, all the optics are suitable....

in the meantime, i've just swapped the normal bulbs back in the dipped beam for MOT time....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Blog Entries

On a side note, it's an interesting discussion from a German point of view. Here the use of a Xenon system (starting at a certain amount of lumen) requires automatic levelling plus cleaning system and an official registration (of course).
    Simply adapting the RHD JDM OEM Xenon system to LHD and using it wouldn't be road legal due to multiple reasons. Had to remove my OEM Xenon for these reasons.
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

pretty sure uk supplied cars had washers and leveling on them as standard.... it's also dependant on what was supplied OEM....

the biggest problem may have been the beam pattern from RHD vs LHD... mine are flat beam pattern, but not sure if the verge kick up is on LHD... Germany is blessed with the TUV inspection, we are not quite as strict, fortunately!
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

I thought the NSX didn't have a leveller and that was why our bubbles didn't have xenons but the Japanese did.

I suppose it'd been too much effort to rob the levellers from the S2000s on the other transfer line & fit them on...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Mita lists jdm pop up HIDs

https://www.mitamotorsports.com/1st-gen/flip-headlight

Tho not sure if they come with bulbs, ignitors, etc.... For the price above conventional, they should do!!!
    Last edited by britlude; 03-03-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    aka Jonathan!!

6. Default

It's worse than that - you don't just need the unit and the ignitor, you need a new wiring harness as well.

If I recall correctly, at least a couple of years ago there was a member here (might even have been Heineken) that still had the old HID units that were taken off their car to satisfy TUV certification on import to Germany . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12