Thread: SRS unit - without passenger SRS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default SRS unit - without passenger SRS

Hi all.
    Helping another owner and looking for the used SRS unit that came off from the NSX without the passenger SRS.

The existing circuit board is in a state that I would not carry out the refurbishment.

Ideally, the number on the case label as 77960-SL0-N82 (RHD) or -A82 (LHD).

Old Acura/Honda Legend SRS can be used and should be able to make necessary changes to utilise the unit from later NSX models with passenger SRS but again, prefer the -N82/-A82 spec.

Thank you. Kaz

Good morning Kaz, there are some SRS sensors and a wire harness for sale on NSXPrime. Maybe he has more SRS bits so give him a go. “Honcho” is a great guy. Not sure if that’s is all you’re looking for but just trying to help.
    All the best.

Cheers
    nigel

Blog Entries

Hi, nigel.
    Hope you are doing well under the current situation in your area.

Thank you for the suggestion.
    Members at NSX Prime are always helpful and I've been communicating with 'Honcho' for few years now.
    Just sent message to him.

Another member 'drew' also helped us a lot on this SRS subject since last year and provided us with several useful info.
    He also kindly spent some time taking photo of the Acura Legend SRS units that he has so again, very helpful in understanding the different spec of Legend SRS controllers.

I'll post something on the findings in my blog as drew is happy for me to use his photo and info.

So far, we have several options from UK, Europe and US.
    The one from US meets the exact spec for the owner's NSX.
    Others require modification or updates so just waiting for the delivery from US first but under current situation, taking ages for the delivery.

On purposely didn't use USPS and opted for the different delivery method but still, no updates since the package left US so it could be lost and may need another option.….

Based on the experience this time, I may just get another one from US for future usage and ask my friends in US to send it out for me using FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc as the shop won't ship it out to UK.

Hope we can get the solution in not so long distance future.

Let's stay safe.

Kaz

Kaz,

Not sure if this is any use, but as I am changing my steering wheel, I guess I won't need and SRS. If there is anything on my car that I won;t need and could be useful , let me know.

Cheers
    Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Thanks Kaz for getting back, it’s always a treat to hear from you.
    For shipping, good choice to not use USPS as you already know. I’ve had good luck with DHL getting bits from Germany from Detlef so Iwould say use DHL if you can.
    All the best for you and the family and again it’s great to hear from you and if I can do anything to help please don’t hesitate to let me know
    Cheers, nigel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Kaz,

Not sure if this is any use, but as I am changing my steering wheel, I guess I won't need and SRS. If there is anything on my car that I won;t need and could be useful , let me know.

Cheers
    Jim
    Thank you for the offer, Jim.
    If you are 100% sure that you are happy to release it for others, then It will help this owner and possibly someone in the future.

The MOT regulation changed over the years around several aspects including the SRS.
    JDM NSX 'may' be able to get away with the removal of SRS steering wheel by using the OEM Type-R/S/NSX-R steering wheel with OEM boss/hub as the SRS was factory fitted optional equipment for some of the JDM models.

Strictly speaking, you can't remove the SRS on any country spec (even for JDM) if it was fitted as the original equipment at the factory.

SRS warning light would fail MOT although this can be handled in different way.

I'll keep your unit in my mind in case we need it.
    Once again, thank you for your kind offer.

Kaz