Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SRS warning light on all the time

Blog Entries

Another super busy week and weekend so just a quick reply.
    May not be able responding until next week.

Does your horn work?

Does your Cruise Control 'Set' and 'Resume' still operate properly?

Once you read the error code, please report back.

Strongly recommend not to touch any of the SRS connectors without knowing how it operates.
    There is a super capacitor on the circuit board that will act as the power supply in case of loss of power during the accident.

This means that the SRS controller can still trigger the SRS inflator for several minutes even after disconnecting the battery.

You have been warned.

If the centre pillar external panel (marked yellow) was removed during the repair, then the person had to remove the cabin side panel (marked #7).

There is no need to touch the SRS seat belt tensioner for removing the above external panel but if you are just doing the visual inspection, then please refer to this.

Again, do not touch the connector and if you found that the connector was disconnected for some reason, DO NOT try re-connecting it.

Kaz

Apologises for the delay in replying.

The code readings were:

ABS 2 fast Parking brake applied while being driven?

TCS 2 slow Parking brake signal?

Also though not previously lit engine 4 slow?

I have fixed the passenger side brake bulb holder; this has had the following effect:-

rear brake light warning not on

Hand brake warning not on

ABS not on

TCS not on

Then reset (twice)

ABS no code

TCS still 2 slow

Engine still 4 slow

Do not know why I can not cancel them.

Re the SRS warning light. I am reluctant to work on this based on your warnings so I am going to study the manual carefully. My nearest Honda dealers are in Mansfield and Nottingham. The Mansfield dealership showed no interest in the vehicle and at the Nottingham one quite a few came out to look and ask questions, some saying that they had not seen one before.

I assume that either should be capable of checking the SRS system?

My local garage often has unusual vehicles in so I am thinking of taking it there.

Any opinions on what I should do?

Thank you again for all your help

John

What is the state of your parking brake. Is it maybe one click up or adjusted too tight recently?

On the NSX there is a hidden feature that if you pull the parking brake up one notch and drive a short distance, it will disable your ABS and TCS, i believe for track purposes. I cannot remember the exact parameters but I'm sure Kaz will...
    When I first read your symptoms, that is one of the first things I thought of. Hopefully an easy fix for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12