Thread: NEC Classic Car show November 2020

1. Default NEC Classic Car show November 2020

Assuming this happens I’m on a mailing list for it and the last post was about an NSX display...? Does anybody know anything about this? Is there a post here on it anywhere? Lots of questions and I’d love to go if possible👍

2. Default

Replying to my own post�� here’s the blurb from the email. It mentions this is being put on by the Honda NSX Owners Club; that’s us right..? If so does anyone know about it here? It would have been good to have had the chance to offer to help with cars etc but I haven’t seen any thread on it..? Correct me if I’m wrong though����

“While it's been a challenging year for the classic community, there is plenty of work going on behind the scenes to enable us to come together again in November.

We're so excited that we have new clubs and exhibitors joining the fold for the very first time in 2020.

One particular example is The Honda NSX Owners Club and it's kicking off it's time with us with a bang, celebrating a fantastic 30th anniversary!

As part of it's display, the members are hoping to bring along some very special motors for you to feast your eyes on.

Firstly, we have an Ayrton Senna tribute NSX in red with cosmetic modifications. In the middle, you can admire a white specimen of the 2004 NSX-R, one of only three in the UK. And last but by no means least, an original specification, green automatic NSX and what's great about this one is that it is still used daily - how brilliant!”

i would have thought Pride (Clive) would have commented on this as he is the instigator!

this is the nsx club Britain forum, there is a seperate nsx club (which causes all sorts of confusion at renewal time)..

for whatever reasons, that are not completely clear to me, they were kept seperate... that particular aspect others can explain, if they want.

anyway.... clive contacted the organisers, and managed to get a 'stand' but was only allocated 3 spots, so curated 3 cars from active car event supporters that gave a cross section of the nsx range. mine is the green auto daily they are sooo excited about!

i think the hope is we can get our foot in the door, and get a larger allocation moving forward if it all goes well...

the forum seems to be suffering with the other social media platforms, there is a a section in the forum for club members, but it's not mentioned there either.....( there is a nsx uk owners, nsx owners group, nsx prime pages on FB just to be awkward, plus 'the nsx owners club' runs on whatsapp too, and only so much screen time available)
    Last edited by britlude; 30-08-2020 at 08:22 AM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

4. Default

Thanks for the update. It’s a shame the Club and Forum are separate. It’s like the left hand isn’t communicating with the right. I had no idea and am happy to pay for club membership if I see the benefit in it. Maybe someone could pm me to explain the history and I can see if I can help it be made more integrated?

Quote Originally Posted by dobbiej View Post
    Thanks for the update. It’s a shame the Club and Forum are separate. It’s like the left hand isn’t communicating with the right. I had no idea and am happy to pay for club membership if I see the benefit in it. Maybe someone could pm me to explain the history and I can see if I can help it be made more integrated?
    Hi donbiej, the reason I’d held back from announcing anything about this show we were booked to attend was because there was a strong possibility that it would be cancelled, and so it was 2 days ago.
    So next year it will have to be.
    Just so you know though by becoming a platinum member of this forum and aN NSX Owners club member will qualify you to access a discount code for tickets at various events during the year of which this was one of them.
    It’s certainly worth joining as such in January, let’s all try and support and build up some NSX club members.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

6. Default

Hi Pride, yes this is the second cancellation I’ve been involved in this year. Gutting. Mine was going to be in the Pride of ownership section also I found out recently As such and assuming we eventually get to go to the NEC we should maybe touch base to see if there’s anything mutually beneficial we can do to boost the club and displays

only your second... i'm over a dozen!!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

I managed to get to everyone I applied for

...Just the 'go Japan' one..LOL

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo