Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Front bumper removal question

Hi Kaz,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sure that your explanation is very good, but my ability to understand is less so!

If you are able to post a photo, that'd be great - there is no rush as the car isn't being put together again until the middle of next week.

I don't know whether or not it helps explain how this extension bracket sits on the car, but just in case I have posted a photo of the right side / tow bracket area of my car below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	13987
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front 1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	13988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front2.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	13989I don't know whether these help or not, I took two photos of the front of my car when the bumper was off, on one side the bracket must have stayed on the car and the other must have stayed on the bumper. Perhaps just fit the near side to the bumper and see where it 'lands up'. If the pictures help but you wish them a higher resolution please PM me.
    Last edited by duncan; 29-07-2020 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Additional text

Blog Entries

Photo speaks for itself.
    Fortunately, photo opportunity while servicing another NSX for the owner.

As mentioned earlier in my post, for the R-side, you don't even need installing it until the very last moment.
    The R-side bracket has specific recessed design enabling it to sit and wrap around the tow hook.

Kaz

Duncan & Kaz - thank you both for your kind assistance - greatly appreciated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123