Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catalytic converter options

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    ....... So, I'm willing to go the SARD route. SARD cats are 200 cells. I've found them here: https://www.rhdjapan.com/sard-sports...a1-type-i.html
    I don't know if the supplier is reliable.
    They end up around $1500 imported. So could I expect that these meet the strict Japanese rules and their quality is perfect? If so, they're worth to me.

What do you think?
    SARD has been in the motor racing world for years and well known in the Japanese aftermarket products.
    Many teams/shops are developing their own branded parts using the material supplied through SARD, just like the shop's own branded racing radiator using the core supplied from Koyo Rad.

Probably the first choice for the aftermarket metal CAT in Japan because of covering so many different makes/models with certificate for MOT at expensive but not unrealistic price tag.
    So from that point, reliable and good choice.

As all aftermarket CATs with Japan MOT certificate are designed and tested based on standard engine, I don't know how it will perform or the durability with your FI application but at least Bruno seems to be happy for his application.
    The product itself were installed on many NSX in Japan and no negative feedback on 'Minkara' website (the largest car forum in Japan).

The main pipe diameter is 60mm In/Out so please check against your header and exh backbox spec.
    OEM manifold/exh backbox are twin tube structure so internal diameter is smaller than what you can see.

I think some UK owners/ex-owners used rhdjapan in the past.

Not sure Marc deals with SARD products but try contacting him at Mita Motorsports (Japan).
    Very reliable (I exchange info with him as well) and he is the vendor on Prime under the name SpeedyPartsJapan.
    Used to be known as theNSXshop with good feedback on Prime.

Depending on the delivery method used, it may take many days before even leaving Japan.
    In June, placed order using Japan Post EMS and my package stayed in Japan for 10 days before finally getting the slot on the flight.
    FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc are at extra cost but much faster.

Kaz

I have used RHD over some years, previously for my Galant VR4 (downpipes) and more recently for my NSX (ksp manifold & fugitsubo exhaust)
    Excellent service, arrived quickly, well packed, no damage. Personally I would be happy to use them again if they had what I required.
    I hope that is helpful
    Ian

Thanks very much for your valuable and helpful information.

So, I'm going with SARD. Will update when they arrived.

Also used RHD many times, never had a problem! And they usually ship with DHL at reasonable rates.

I've placed an order a few days ago at RHDJapan. I didn't get a confirmation by email or any communication so far but in my account the order status says:
    In Transit to Intl. Dispatch
    Expected on
    2020-07-24

So I hope all is fine.

They arrived today on time. Very good quality of the parts and the welding. A lot of paperwork in Japanese with some emission testing values which indicate that this model has been tested according to the emissions law in Japan (CO, HC, CO2 etc.). There's also a picture showing them installed in a 91 with the stock exhaust hardware. The inner diameter of the tube is 57 mm.

EDIT: the Japanese NSX uses heat sensors that other coutries don't use. I have to organise two blind plugs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200723_131350.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	13977  
    Last edited by goldnsx; 23-07-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12