Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2020 f1

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    Seb is already out at Ferrari , probably explains his sulky attitude there.

Carlos Sainz has been confirmed as his replacement already, Riccardo to McLaren, Alonzo to Renault .... Seb hasn't got many options, depends how much Aston Martin want a big name, and if Perez or stroll get dropped from stroll snr's race team...
    I meant Seb and Ferrari not making it to the end of this season together...whenever and wherever that might be!

In which case I could see Nico keeping Carlos's seat warm for him.

I see that Ferrari have admitted to finding a 'small' fault in Seb's chassis, hence he is getting a nice new one for this weekend. It'll be interesting to see what, if any, difference it makes.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Decided by the FIA today: no quali-, boost- or party-mode in qualifying from Spa on. So Spain will be the last race they can use it for qualifying. After that the ICE has to run in the same mode during the race as in qualifying. As hybrids they still can play with the electric components.

seems desperate measures to try and kill mercedes dominance.... i'm assuming they think mercedes is the only team that uses a 'party mode' for quali... so all the other teams won't be slowing by an equivalent amount with their own 'party mode' disabled????? (especially those also running mercedes engines...)

am i the only one that can see a flaw in this plan??
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Maybe Mercedes profits the most of it. It would have been Ferrari last year.
    On the other hand: squezzing out extra power of the ICE is very expensive in terms of engineering. You could see it as a mean of cost-cutting as well.

seems desperate measures to try and kill mercedes dominance.... i'm assuming they think mercedes is the only team that uses a 'party mode' for quali... so all the other teams won't be slowing by an equivalent amount with their own 'party mode' disabled????? (especially those also running mercedes engines...)

am i the only one that can see a flaw in this plan??
    I’m confused as to the benefit of this change ... and as you say Jonathan, they all have it now (questionable I guess on F powered cars this year) ...

Was there a chassis issue for Seb, guess we’ll never know for sure but despite the shocking strategy calls he did land it with some respectable points come the flag ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Ferrari claim not to have a 'Party' mode, but Renault and Honda both do. Maybe the ban will pull the times closer in Q3, but it's hard to see it making a significant difference to the way the cars line up each Sunday.

I'd imagine it'll add reliability (arguably not what F1 needs at the moment) and it can no longer be made available to drivers during the race.

All in all a pretty desperate move be the rule makers which, as far as I can see, will do little to shake things up.

Mercedes have said it may make them quicker, as they may put the party mode in the normal mode roster.....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Mercedes have said it may make them quicker, as they may put the party mode in the normal mode roster.....
    Is it not the case that the cars have to run quali and the whole of the race using a single engine mode? If so, I struggle to see party mode being of much help given the hard time it gives the ICU?

Assuming Racing Point were going to the same Party as Mercedes, I do wonder if this rule will knock them down the quali pecking order a little?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Williams F1 - sold https://www.motorsportweek.com/2020/...vestment-firm/

When I heard the news this morning I actually felt quite sad ... however, reading the press releases throughout the day and it reads as good news and not just because it means they survive ...

If only they could make it more aero efficient with the MB lumpin the back we could see George mixing it up well into the mid-field ... and then Bottas can step aside and let him in ... unless the plan is for him to replace Lewis and they are keeping Bottas along for the stability and manufactures titles ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

From commentary in Pistonheads there is reference to the Investment Company allegedly acting for and owned by a single family with the operation name of BCE. As a speculation in the posting that it could be (say) simIlar to the initials of Franks old friend; Bernard Charles Ecclestone.
    And, hey, this announcement is made only days after the signing of a new Concorde Agreement for F1.
    link https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...1794326&i=2840
    Last edited by duncan; 23-08-2020 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Link added

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast