Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 f1

The irony with 'all wheel steering' is that was automatic with rigid rear axles and leaf springs, body roll induced rear wheel steering, fortunately in the right direction!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

McLaren withdraw from Australian GP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51849163

I
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Saw Lando Norris this morning - we were doing the pit walk when he arrived do a track walk.
    not sure what's going on - may be cancelled after all... Lewis isn't happy that it is still appearing to be proceeding.
    First practice tomorrowlunchtime will be telling - hope to see as many teams and drivers as possible.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    Saw Lando Norris this morning - we were doing the pit walk when he arrived do a track walk.
    not sure what's going on - may be cancelled after all... Lewis isn't happy that it is still appearing to be proceeding.
    First practice tomorrowlunchtime will be telling - hope to see as many teams and drivers as possible.

Hi Nick.

I thought about you when I heard this news. I hope you can still make a good weekend of it, but I'd be surprised if the rave goes ahead now . Some positive news - the Haas personnel have tested negative.

Our trip to Hanoi is in tatters....even if the F1 race goes ahead (which I doubt) it is not now possible for people from the UK to enter Vietnam (visa waiver scheme suspended, visas not being issued....and our travel insurance co. don't want to know!)
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

They'd better let them race but without any spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    They'd better let them race but without any spectators.
    They're not going to race (at least not this weekend)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51849163

Cars were running on track earlier this morning - we were planning to arrive an hour or so before F1 first practice starts, but that won't now happen.We saw other cars on track yesterday - F5000, TCR, Supercars and Porsche Carrera Cup, sat in our assigned seats for a while and had a good walk round the pits and the general admission areas.
    Still gutted. Hopefully New Order will be playing tomorrow night...

With the news changing daily it’s hard to know for sure, however latest news suggests this years championship won’t get going till at least May this year with the first 3 or 4 races suspended ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

It's too soon for anyone to sensibly predict how things will pan out....so I'll have a go!!!

IF (that's a big 'if'!) they can get the circus back up and running by Monaco or Baku, I think the summer break will go, Abu Dhabi will.ne pushed to ~mid December making room for perhaps an 18 race season of they have a couple of triple headers (which will probably be 2-day race weekends.

Meanwhile, I can amuse (!) myself trying to claim back money for our abandoned Hanoi trip.

Safe travels home Nick.

Thanks - New Order played and it was great! Back on topic, I doubt F1 will be more than a dozen rounds this year, if that.
    Flying home to 14 days of self-isolation...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast