Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 f1

Hope you got home without too much hassle and are now out of quarantine Nick?

I should be in Hanoi now, here's a picture I received from the circuit yesterday....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200401-WA0000.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	13871  
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

"No milk today, my love has gone away"

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    Hope you got home without too much hassle and are now out of quarantine Nick?
    Yes - we arrived back in NZ and had to self-isolate for 14 days which ended on 01/04/20. We left Melbourne on a half empty flight to Christchurch, then the sort hop down to Dunedin was on a 68 seat ATR72 which only had 19 people on board including crew. We were fortunate that we were allowed to take the connecting flight, as just a day or so later all international arrivals were made to self-isolate at hotels near the airport for 14 days before heading to home.

We got a full refund on the F1 tickets, and as we got to the track on the Thursday early enough to be let in on the pit lane walk where we had a look into the garages - only at Williams was there much activity - the guys were spannering to a soundtrack of Journey on George Russel's car...
    We picked up our 2 copies of the event program (which I have yet to look at to be honest) at the Gold Members lounge (or whatever it was called) and had a bite to eat. The day on that Thursday was good, if tiring, as it was pretty hot.
    Saw Lando Norris from a couple of meters away, but not to talk to, sat in our assigned seats and saw S5000 cars go round (VERY loud), TCR cars including some Civics, the Australian Supercars, and Porsche Carrera Cup cars.
    We were planning to go back to the track late morning on Friday in time for FP1 at noon, but that didn't happen.
    The rest of our time in Melbourne was spent meeting friends for dinner, swimming at St Kilda sea baths, going into the rapidly thinning out city to do some sightseeing / shopping and generally relaxing.
    On the Saturday we had tickets to see New Order at the Sidney Meter Music Bowl (a partly covered but mostly outdoor venue in the botanic gardens) - and had an excellent time. The band's next show on the Monday at a Theatre venue was cancelled.
    We met a friend for a drink in the early evening on the day before we left to come home, and Federation Square was almost deserted - there were literally only a dozen people in the Transport Hotel - usually there will be thousands of people on a normal weeknight.
    The whole country is now in lock-down - similar to the UK, so my NSX hasn't been out for over a month now... and we have been trying to work from home for longer than most of our colleagues, but I don't feel that i am being particularly productive...

Stay safe and let's hope that we get to see some F1 action again one day - I'm not counting on there being anything at all in 2020.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Please to hear you got back with minimum fuss and bother and have quarantined successfully.

It sounds like you managed quite an eventful trip and I daresay it isn't one you are going to forget in a long, long time!

It's good that you have received a refund on your tickets - the benefits of a 'cancelled' race? The Vietnamese race is 'postponed' and because of this, 'all tickets remain valid for the rearranged race, no refunds at this time'!

As for NSX's....mine remains stranded in Winter storage
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Are we all getting exited for the coming weekend?

let me think as my original reply was deemed too short.....

meh!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Have watched the 3 FP's and qualifying - good to see Lando & Alex up there, but can't see anything but a Merc victory. Max might get between the black cars though.
    Telling that Ferrari are nowhere... and that the Merc clones are both top 10. George will be in the points (with a bit of luck)...

it was commented somewhere else, that P1-P19 were only 1.2 seconds apart in Q1.. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/result...-451731/?st=Q1

so the closest the grid has been for years.... unfortunately mercedes weren't exactly trying, looking at Q3 times with a 1.3 second spread over the 10 cars.... https://www.motorsport.com/f1/result...-451731/?st=Q3
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Well that was incident-packed!

Great season opener, missed the crowds for pole and Lando’s first podium ... but he earned it with that final lap time!

So were back (or never left) Austria for the re-run albeit under a different name and track sponsorship ...

And whilst we were busy enjoying the racing, Alonso has snuck back into the paddock and landed himself the Renault seat for the coming few years ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast