Thread: Sabine Schmitz Very Sad News

Default Sabine Schmitz Very Sad News

Sabine Schmitz sadly died today she was a truly wonderful driver. "Queen Of The Ring" she was a legend around Nurburgring one of the toughest circuits in the world she made look easy. So very very sad, only 51 years old I met her a couple of times at Goodwood Revival and Silverstone Classic . Covid prevented me last year going to the ring and staying at her mums hotel The Pistenklause close to the race track. A " Taxi Ride " with Sabine in her Porsche 911 was on my wish list, sadly now not to be.
    When I asked her how many times she had been around the track he said over 20,000 that was a few years ago now.

RIP Sabine

Kingsley

Way too young, very sad.

51 is not young anymore, it's middle age, I'm 50 and feel old. At least not 30 or 40 anymore.

Six years ago I had the opportunity to meet Ms Schmitz and spend an evening with her from Porsche Club Polska at the Nurburgring. A wonderful woman, kind, gave me some comments and pointed out my mistakes.

The Nurburgring has lost its Queen ...

RIP Sabine ... and this is why we loved her ...

https://youtu.be/qnJOC_dDXzM
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara