After installing the JDM/US rear light cluster upgrade a few weeks ago I decided to try and illuminate the rear H badge to give the rear of the car a great total illuminated look.

I first contacted Euro Boutique for a price to do what I thought would be a very straight forward modification and they quoted me $400 plus shipping after I send them the lamp unit.
Approximately 4-6 week turnaround.

So I decided to give a go myself.
I also decided just for a change not to go with LED's as I didn't want the centre badge to be overly bright, just a subtle red glow, which would then nicely show the letter H.

After a bit of research I plumbed for a red electroluminescent panel costing all of £5 from China.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6566.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	13835

As the lamp lens was heat welded/glued together I thought it best to cut a slot into the base of the lamp unit and insert the panel.
Although the lamp unit appears to be plastic, it's not. In fact it's a type of nylon based plastic which not only melts at the slightest bit of friction or heat but also fills the air with very fine strands of nylon so goggles and a mask is highly recommended.

Name:	66BA04DD-72B5-4B10-BD6B-95D009C509B9.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	13836

Slotting in the panel and testing it with a 12v battery I found the results were very pleasing on the eye.👍

Name:	IMG_6605.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	13837

Here is the finished item at night installed connected to the sidelights and as you can see the letter H really does stand out quite nicely at night now. In the boot I've also installed a small micro switch which also allows me to be able turn it on or off independently to the sidelights if I wish.

Name:	IMG_1600.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	13838

I would be very interested to know what you all think so comments welcome please.
I love it. 🤗