Thread: best laid plans and all that!

Default best laid plans and all that!

well so much for the plan i had today... didn't go quite as i had expected!

in preparation to doing some preventative maintenance i purchased some of these....
    2019-12-22_03-58-04 by NSX Jon, on Flickr

technically i purchased 'some more' of these, as i bought a pair, put them somewhere safe, lost them, and purchased some more ready for my xmas break plan! pull out the EPS ECU and swap out the relays as they are known to fail......

so dig into the car , glovebox out, and the sub out i could get to the appropriate bits n bobs.... i disconnected the battery as i knew there are mainpower lines going to the power controller side of things....

soon i had this.....
    Nsx computers by NSX Jon, on Flickr

of course you can't see this sticker until its out...... and when you pop the lid off....
    Nsx computers by jon sutherland, on Flickr

not quite what i was expecting, its completely different to all the other examples on the internet, and doesn't take the replacement high current relays to replace the relays known to fail....

ho hum, put it all back together and back in then.... at least i checked that there were no electrolytic capacitor based issues.....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

so, while the glove box was out, i moved onto the eps ecu (the small one)

and checked the electrolytic caps in that....

all ok!!

so thought i'd check the door lock computer for the same, as it had to come out to get the EPS ECU out.....

that was ok too...

so with abject failure so far, i thought, as i'm there, i'd swap over my cruise control ECU to lose the JDM max cruise limit, as i had a spare.....

turns out my spare is for a manual transmission,and mine is an auto..... the nsx electrics fault finding manual i have gave them as doing the same thing, with the only differences being connecting to the gearbox from the same terminal, but as i couldn't be sure of internal differences and conflicts, i put the AT one back in! just to add to it, the cruise control is a sealed box so couldn't check anything without literally breaking out a tin opener!!!

oh well, at least i know the circuits are currently healthy! and i do have 4 relays available! lol
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

It makes me smile when I see complex circuit boards (at least to me) and control units in our so called "simple" designed NSX's.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  