Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this the lowest priced NC1 so far on the market???

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    When they hit £60k I'll have one maybe.
    At that asking price there could be many lining up for the experience ... but remember, this I understand is a DEALER ONLY maintenance car and you can be very sure that Honda wont have dropped the cost of maintenance by 60% in line with the forecourt prices ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

No 'H' badge on the front of that one?

So, aside from parts if you prang it or something goes bang (which will be understandably expensive), what are year to year running costs really like on these...I guess I'm really asking about servicing and extended warranty? They now sit in a similar price window as the McLaren MP4 12C (yes, the McLaren will be a good bit older) one of the few cars which I hanker after.

This would do...
    https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...y-2020/9814716
    Last edited by WhyOne?; 10-01-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    The bubble price of the NA2 cars seems to have come to a halt - not much is selling at the prices of a couple of years ago, maybe because the NC1 is selling in a similar range...
    At the risk of thread drift, I've seen a couple of ambitiously priced NA2s recently, not from backstreet dealers but from 'oracle' locations. Plans has W1NSX (NA2 red pre-facelift coupe) up for £86k and Lister Classics has a facelift (not sure if it's a 'last 12') up for £140k....just shy of what they have a 2013 458 up for! Neither NSX is super low mileage either: driver rather than collector cars.

Plans also look to have sold the blue last 12 model recently: that was up for £95k.

Now asking and selling prices are two different things but I was surprised by all of these, given recent trends.

I would suspect that the typical buyer of a c £100k NC1 and a similarly priced NA2 are somewhat different.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    No 'H' badge on the front of that one?

So, aside from parts if you prang it or something goes bang (which will be understandably expensive), what are year to year running costs really like on these...I guess I'm really asking about servicing and extended warranty? They now sit in a similar price window as the McLaren MP4 12C (yes, the McLaren will be a good bit older) one of the few cars which I hanker after.

This would do...
    https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...y-2020/9814716
    Ian, there are couple of owners of 12C’s on here .. I believe you may want to sit down before they share running costs ... 12C for me is the more natural successor to the original NSX ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

Hi Paul....I know and I have, thank you

I also agree that the 12C is a more appealing car in many ways. If the NC1 wasn't a Honda a suspect I'd barely give it a second glance, but as I have owned an example of most Honda's with some sporting intent, it does have an attraction - hence my question about NC1 running costs.

... (and red)
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

not the cheapest....

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    At first I thought, Oh No, not another Matt wrap, but as you read the advert you realise its a PPF so the car is actually black ... clever
    Senninha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast