Thread: SRS Test Harness leads

Default SRS Test Harness leads

Hi everyone
    I have SRS fault light appeare on my dash board and my auto electrician has tested as far has he can go. I need to borrow or hire the two test leads that plug into the SRS unit. If you have said leads and you are in the southeast /london area and are willing to loan me or hire them to me please PM me.
    Failing that does anyone know best place to purchase the leads ? I'm reposting this message bec⁰00ause I inadvertently posted in the wrong place apologies.
    Regards
    Mark

Has the SRS module been rebuilt in the past? Fuse ok?

Hi
    I am not aware it has been rebuilt in the past.Is there a fuse within the SRS module itself ? I dont know much about it hence I'm using a auto electrician .My car has been modified in the past in that it's got a after market quick release steering wheel no air bags and after market seats so it could be something has become disconnected as the light has only just come on . I think the electrician wanted leads before he started getting to involved taking it all apart.
    Hope that make sence .
    Regards
    Mark

Without an airbag there should be a resistor instead of it. There's no fuse within the SRS unit. But the caps do go bad within the unit and the can fire the external fuse. Quite a common problem. Not sure if your tech is on the right track. He might be for a car he hasn't seen before but even if you're able to get hold of the test leads it might say in the end that the SRS module is bad. Replacing it or changing the caps will be the most likely outcome. That's how the US guys repaired it in the past, replacing the 4 small caps (left the orange one).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1812.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	13810

Blog Entries

Hi, Mark.

You don't need the test harness.
    The electrician should be able to figure out the system diagram in the workshop manual.

If you have the wiring diagram for the gauge unit, then you can find out which terminal is for the SRS IND wire.
    Not sure it's the same for all year model but on early model, I think it was blue.

Inside the gauge unit, there is the SRS warning light controller.
    It will have bulb check mode as well as the warning light control.
    You will need keep discharging/charging the capacitor (depending on the RC design) to switch the SRS light Off.
    This will confirm the gauge circuit.

For the SRS side, first, please check the 10A fuse inside the cabin at the passenger foot well.
    It's at the position #1.

Normally, you would see yellow cover over the fuse body itself but may be dislocated in the past.

Most likely, it's blown.
    Look for any damages to the SRS clockwire if your aftermarket steering wheel system still uses it.
    If no damages, you may try replacing the fuse but chances are, it will blew immediately.

If no damages to the clock wire or not using the clockwire and the gauge circuit is fine, then most likely, you will need to do this;
    http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/blog.php?1811&blogcategoryid=48

I think on NSX Prime, there was someone posting that the ancient Legend model was using the same SRS circuit board as our NSX.
    Please note that the circuit board could be different between driver only SRS VS driver+passenger system.

Replacing just the capacitor may not fix the issue as it may have damaged other components.
    Had to replace additional components in the past.

Kaz