Thread: Assembly process for door mirrors

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Hope Paul can chime-in and post his photo of showing exactly what he meant as the 'mirror/mounting plate' but I now found out my misunderstandings….

As in the 1st photo of Jonathan's post above, basically, Paul was referring to the black metal frame behind the mirror/acutuator assy (marked in yellow).

He took it out from the painted PLASTIC door mirror housing/body (marked in blue, painted in red).

I have no experience in taking this metal frame out of the plastic housing and
    I presume he struggled to insert the two long stud bolt section through the opening of the plastic housing while
    dealing with the interference between the rest of the metal frame and the door mirror housing.

My advice would be try rotating the spring loaded base section of the metal frame.
    [Edit: In fact, looking at the photo from Procar Specials, looks like the base mount can be separated from the rest of the metal frame???
    Again, I can't speak from my own experiences....]

It seems Procar Specials has many experiences so hope they can share the info.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 16-11-2019 at 04:26 PM. Reason: added [Edit:] section