Thread: anyone considering the SOS wheels?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default anyone considering the SOS wheels?

hi

was just wondering had anyone on here bit the bullet and purchased the SOS project - replicating the 02+ alloy wheels?

initial thoughts etc
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Seems SOS and Marc Perez in Japan have both released 02+ style wheels... 17/17 and 17/18 flavours... Seems an awful coincidence!!!! A set have turned up on faceache too, surplus to requirements after selling their car (quite why you'd sell the car when you have a set of wheels on their way I will never know) anyhoo up for 2k, not sure if that's $, £, or scam!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

yeah saw teh set up f/s on faceache as well ... its a 17/18 combo which does not interest me.

i am considering a set but will buy through an agent who is reputable

just wanted to know if anyone here as bought yet. the OEM style are a lovely wheel and really suit the car
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I got in touch with SOS regarding these wheels and was told that Christian at ATR will also be a selling them which will help with shipping costs.

Yup, did the same and have been in touch with ATR ... still pondering on what to do

I'm keeping an eye on them too - the current AD08Rs (only real bet for 16/17s with enthusiastic driving) aren't exactly wet-weather optimised, so I either need to get a set of 17/17 (PS4 fitment) or a second set of alloys to fit winters on.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof