Thread: Six tail lights for UK market NSX?

1. Default Six tail lights for UK market NSX?

I was reminded recently that one of the most iconic features on the NSX is the bar of six tail lights across the back of the car, as made so famous by Gran Turismo.

The UK market cars of course only have the two tail lights, and it slightly bothers me.

I'm sure there has been discussion of what is needed to do the conversion before, but I have been unable to find the thread.

Is the conversion as simple as buying the JDM/USDM tail light wiring harness, plugging it in, and adding the extra four bulbs?

edit - found one of Kaz's blogs. Fog light - I forgot about the fog light.
    Last edited by RedCarsGoFaster; 12-10-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Just a hint when using the JDM tail light: It's possible to convert one of the two white reverse lights into a fog light by installing a (same wattage) red bulb and re-wire accordingly.
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

JDM also has 4 brake lights too.... UK, EU lights are in the offside reversing light position ( side depending on region!! )... Except mine, didn't like that idea (JDM have no fog lights as standard.....)
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

I have just made this conversion to my car and yes it is just a case of plug and play with the correct harness's.

Ensure installing new light unit gaskets as the old ones will be to perished to reuse again.

A simple wire change over sorts out the fog lamp operation for our uk cars.

One of the best upgrades you can make to both the looks and operation of your NSX in my opinion and literally took me about 2 to 3 hours to complete.

Converstion kit made simple by buying complete from Christian at ATR racing.

https://nsx-parts.com/
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    JDM also has 4 brake lights too.... UK, EU lights are in the offside reversing light position ( side depending on region!! )... Except mine, didn't like that idea (JDM have no fog lights as standard.....)
    Did you ever go with the Rear-light-Centre-Part-Fog light-conversion thing? I liked that idea
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Does anyone know if the rear Honda centre badge can be illuminated with either led's or conventional bulbs???
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Does anyone know if the rear Honda centre badge can be illuminated with either led's or conventional bulbs???
    Clive, see Britlubes build thread, I believe he has installed a fog light in his.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...hts-(with-pics!) You'll have to click on the pics if you want an unblurred version, thanks photobucket
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....