Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1991 NSX V's 2019 Civic type R. A really unsurprising result.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1991 NSX V's 2019 Civic type R. A really unsurprising result.

An interesting but pointless comparison:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...991-acura-nsx/
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Blog Entries

I took away this sentence, which I particularly enjoyed: "Flicking the switch to raise its pop-up headlights is an automotive moment every enthusiast should experience."
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

I've got a 1991 NA1 and had a bit of a race against the new Civic R Type last year around Snetterton Race Track, it left me for dead! Out accelerated, out braked and out cornered me!

Quote Originally Posted by paulc View Post
    I've got a 1991 NA1 and had a bit of a race against the new Civic R Type last year around Snetterton Race Track, it left me for dead! Out accelerated, out braked and out cornered me!
    Don't race against them. They ARE fast. Cars of different decades.

that's why these comparisons are pointless!!! it should be quicker, there's been pretty much 3 decades of progress and development!!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    that's why these comparisons are pointless!!! it should be quicker, there's been pretty much 3 decades of progress and development!!!!
    If only there was someone out there who could drive the NA1 the way this great legend could and then the new Civic type R might not be as quick as you think.😎

This first video was actually taken in the pre 1988 prototype before his suggestions were put into place so please ignore the year in the tittle:
    https://youtu.be/vb3-Ibbf5HE

And then when his suggestions were taken to their fullest extent in 92, even driving in those famous red loafers 👞, I'm sure this NSX R would still show a clean pair of heals to today's Civic R (at least that's what I'll always believe) 👏👏

https://youtu.be/Lo5wDmJGYGo
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by paulc View Post
    Yeah, but don't forget, you do have to look at it every day. Maybe just drive the Civic after dark.

[QUOTE=The King;129340]Yeah, but don't forget, you do have to look at it every day. Maybe just drive the Civic after dark.[/QUOT

I totally agree with you, much rather look at my NSX and drive it over Civic!

Same driver in both cars, the Civic wins against a stock NSX (incl. NSX-R). The NSX needs a lot of mods to be on par with it. Nothing wrong with that. But lap times are only one aspect. What should a owner of a old Porsche think about the newest models? Of course, they perform better but those 993/997 are still fun to drive. Same with the NSX.

The problem is that not many owners who ever had or still have a Gen1 went for a Gen2. I only recall '2000' here on this board but noone in continental Europe. And Honda is struggling to sell the Civic Type R too. (Young) people have different priorities nowadays, it seems. Honda tried to attract people for the race track with very little success. Typical 'junior problem'. Sad to see.
    Last edited by goldnsx; 09-09-2019 at 05:48 PM.

I drove a CTR a couple of years ago - it didn't feel anything like as quick as my NSX, and it didn't feel at all special...
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast