Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another Type S for sale...

Colors are very subjective, I know.

I'm voyeur enough to say that peeping these cars (like the Lambo) is interesting, while thinking at the same time that the car is not a longterm keeper, because of that special color/combo.

Back to the Type S. They're selling for around $200k, no?

You can keep you championship white! That is my dream NSX.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

^ Was waiting for you to comment!

^^ They will be hoping for above 20 Million JPY so more like 150-160k GBP at a guess.
    Last edited by NZNick; 06-08-2019 at 10:00 PM.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    ^ Was waiting for you to comment!

^^ They will be hoping for above 20 Million JPY so more like 150-160k GBP at a guess.
    Tbh, for me, that or MCB. I’ve always like the green but the chances of finding any variant in that colour is next to zero. There were a few S2000’s imported in green, but haven’t seen one come up for years.
    I would happily respray mine that colour, but it would kill the value and make it tough to sell. Makes me wonder why there seems to be rules for some and not for others. I can only put it down to age; when these cars are 50 years old will anyone worry whether it’s the original colour provided it’s ‘an original colour?’
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

It's hard to tell what will be in 20 years. Nobody thought 20 years ago that the car will face a certain demand and respect (could have ended like the 3000GT for example).
    As I like dark Blue cars in general (pepending on the car and its shape) MCBP would fit much better for a Type S IMHO but that's just me.

Respraying: you'll always see it here and there and at every car show you'll hear (negative) comments about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    Tbh, for me, that or MCB. I’ve always like the green but the chances of finding any variant in that colour is next to zero. There were a few S2000’s imported in green, but haven’t seen one come up for years.
    I would happily respray mine that colour, but it would kill the value and make it tough to sell. Makes me wonder why there seems to be rules for some and not for others. I can only put it down to age; when these cars are 50 years old will anyone worry whether it’s the original colour provided it’s ‘an original colour?’
    You could easily do a high quality perfect match colour wrap and with latest technology materials you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference at a glance and without destroying the original paintwork. In fact you'll actually be protecting the paintwork while getting your hankered green colour out of your system.
    A win win.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Why would you want to change the seats they are OEM Type S carbon kevlar recarros in leather and alcantara, just need to re-trim the cushions to your colour choice. I saw a car in this colour in 2015 at Suzuka a Type S with the same colour wheels so could well be the same car. I believe the colour was available as a custom order so is definitely an OEM colour in case anyone is wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCarsGoFaster View Post
    Now that I love.

Agree that a green interior might be the perfect finishing touch. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to acquire some extra door cards and a pair of seats (Recaro Pole Position?) and retrim in matching alcantara?

Then it's just a matter of the necessary lottery win . . .
    [SIGPIC]

www.nsxclub.co.uk

2001 NA2 Imola Orange Pearl/Black Leather (Type S evocation)
    2003 NA2 Long Beach Blue/Black Leather (NSX-R evocation)

Non NSX
    Lotus Carlton 30/250

Previous NSX
    2004 NA2-R Championship White/Red Seats 111/150 personal import April 2016 sold 2020
    NA2 2005 NA2 LBB/Grey Leather last 12 car, 2005 Pearl White/Red Leather last 12 car, 2003-T Black/Black, 2003-T Red/Black
    NA1 1996 Type R White/Black 447/483, 2 x 1991 manual, 1993 manual, 1996-T manual, 2002-T F-matic

Yes, the limegreen was one of the tons of options you could get in Japan. We only got a pretty 'standardized' car. The more options the more tempting 'special' combos were likely. Our very few options bewared us outside from that.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnsx5 View Post
    Why would you want to change the seats they are OEM Type S carbon kevlar recarros in leather and alcantara, just need to re-trim the cushions to your colour choice. I saw a car in this colour in 2015 at Suzuka a Type S with the same colour wheels so could well be the same car. I believe the colour was available as a custom order so is definitely an OEM colour in case anyone is wondering.
    Only out of a desire to keep the OEM seats entirely molested so the car could be put back to standard configuration if required.

AS Motorsport will do you a clone seat in carbon with the cushions in any colour of your choice. I occasionally dream about this as a key part of a Type S build!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...A-S-Motorsport
    Last edited by RedCarsGoFaster; 07-08-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    Possibly more marmite than marmite!
    Love the Lime Green and the Orange seats/door cards BUT not in the same car 🤣

There were only 3 colours for Alcantara used on the Type S seats/doors cards Black, Orange and Blue. Lime Green should deffo (IMHO) have the black option 😎
    The older I get, the faster I was

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12