Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NSXCB Resurrection - Future Meets - Zoom Call

Default NSXCB Resurrection - Future Meets - Zoom Call

Hi All,

Having had a chat with a couple of NSXCB members recently, and the reminisence of past major meets ( Mainly Japfest, Castle Combe), I think there is definitely a feeling that we would like to get one of these "big" meets organised again sometime (2024?).

I know there are several events throughout the year, and we are becoming fewer and are fairly widespread across the UK.

My suggestion is we have a bit of an online meeting via Zoom or similar video conferencing which would help us all have a bit of a chat, the usual banter and be able to plan a future NSX Mega Meet.

This will be my second visit to Silverstone Festival, and probably the last as it's not quite the same as the previous meets, where it was a bit more niche with potential track time / parade lap for those that wanted that.

Social media (I hate social media but Facebook has almost become a necessary evil) has killed off a bit of the usual forum traffic, but it would be great to get all our cars together again, somewhere, sometime.

Thoughts everyone?

Cheers
    Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Hi Jim,

Totally agree. Silverstone was never the everyman event. But there are some great shows and venues on offer. I think some of the event organisers would be really happy to work with us. I would be happy to have a zoom meet to talk through some ideas.
    Maybe take some notes and get some agreement on the best options. I will save my ideas to the video call.

All the best,

James,
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

What dates / times would suit?

I'm available from Monday onwards, and flexible on timings

Cheers
    Jim

Evenings are good for me. After 6.00pm. Tuesday onwards all clear.

Cheers.

That could work for me

6. Default

Jim, really good to meet you today - I am up for this call, I know you are not a fan of FB - however it might be useful to post there as well. I am not sure how the "club" will feel about it though if it is posted on their FB page.
    Mike

Slightly disappointed that not many have replied, (plenty views though , unless that’s just us checking to see if there are any replies !!)

Not sure what else can be done to get a group together . I don’t want to make this about who is in what club, it should be about the cars not the clubs.

Thoughts any one ??
    Cheers
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Slightly disappointed that not many have replied, (plenty views though , unless that’s just us checking to see if there are any replies !!)

Not sure what else can be done to get a group together . I don’t want to make this about who is in what club, it should be about the cars not the clubs.

Thoughts any one ??
    Cheers
    Jim
    Hi Jim and welcome back to the road.

Happy to participate in any zoom meeting, evenings best for me too.

The forum used to be busy and personally I would probably check almost daily for posts but as it has slowed down I probably only view the site maybe once a month and guess others may be similar. As you say it should be about the car not the club but as such to get a better response it might be worth hitting all known groups simultaneously to get the best response as there unfortunately does seem to be a bit of a divide.
    The benefit to the social media platforms is people can get a notification of messages to aid a quicker reply than with the forum if not being viewed reqularly.

Hope this comes together

Olly

I think we need to find someone who is willing to send everyone interested a link to a zoom call and arrange a date. Jim, if you fancy taking this on, I will send you my email.

Cheers.

Thanks for posting Jim,

If you dont mind setting up the zoom call I’ll ping over my email … it would be great to see a meeting with the volume of NSX we used to have in the forum heydays …. 30+ was regularly achieved, I think the largest UK event was 47 including some friends from Europe, so its doable. Even a drive out can hit double figures if organised well.

Look forward to ‘meeting’ and sharing ideas …
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast