Thread: Clutch/brake pedal plastic stopper

Default Clutch/brake pedal plastic stopper

Could anybody confirm that an EU MT NSX (1991 in my case) only has one switch on the clutch pedal. The US version seems to have two. It's hard to see anything under there but it's advisalbe to change the plastic stoppers before they break.

Blog Entries

I can confirm that UK RHD model stayed with just one switch so one can crank the Eng without pressing on the CL pedal.

For the European LHD model, I can only confirm it through parts diagram and not from actual experience but 'it looked' to be the same as UK model and thus, just one switch.

Best replacing all of that plastic bush/grommet but not easy.
    For some reason, on the LHD European model, CL & MT/AT brake pedals are all using the same white one, 46505-SA5-000 but on RHD model, it's using the white one only at the CL and for the MT/AT brake pedal, it's the blue one, 46505-SF1-901.

As a side note, JDM was equipped with the 2nd switch at the CL pedal from the face lifted models.

Kaz

Thanks for your reply, Kaz.

I've found out that the second switch is used to deny the engagement of the starter IF the clutch pedal is NOT pressed. I can start the engine without pressing the clutch. So it's not needed and non-existent in my car. So the second clutch pedal switch must be US and JDM specific. Newer cars in continental Europe require the clutch pressed too.

It took me around 20 minutes to change both. To allow more movement of the brake pedal I've opened the bleeder valve on one of the calipers. Pretty happy that only two were existent as the third one is not an amusement to change.

The blue plastic part was still ok, no damage while removing it. Now, I have some spare ones as I've ordered too much anyway...