Thread: Fault code

Default Fault code

Hi Folks,

I have the engine management light come up on the car.
    I have read the fault code and 2 flashes and a pause are constantly repeated but I can't find a list to identify what this means. Could anybody tell me the meaning of this code please?

Thanks

Olly

Two long or two short?

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    Two long or two short?
    I would guess short but not having both I can't be sure. The flash is definetly shorter than the pause.
    The car seems to be running rich so I am expecting the fault to be something on the exhaust side ie lamba sensor?

Did you work on the recently?

Normally a code is long - short. Long is very good distiguishable from short.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    Did you work on the recently?

Normally a code is long - short. Long is very good distiguishable from short.
    The exhaust back box has recently been off the car and refitted as I had a leak at the joint with one of the cats and drive shafts have just been replaced.
    I was expecting long and short flashes too but is definetly 2 flashes, a longer pause and then repeats.

Blog Entries

Video would be nice.
    Please start recording from IGSW P0 OFF position and keep recording until the same error code repeats at least 3 times. You may have other codes stored (without triggering the actual warning lights such as TCS, etc) so please try recording the entire upper part of the gauge unit.

Most likely CEL#2, Rear Primary O2 sensor voltage out of window.
    Do you feel any misfire, hesitation, etc?

Even if it was CEL #2, it's only telling you that the voltage reading from Rear O2 sensor was out of window.
    It could be the O2 sensor itself as well as other factors causing it.

Kaz

Thanks for the replies,

Kaz, I am not at the car at the moment to make a video but when checking I did let the code repeat for probably 7 or 8 times and there was no other warnings.
    The warning light came up on the dash twice at the weekend, both times driving around town for about 15 min from cold then joining the motorway. The warning light came on just after joining the motorway on both occasions. No noticeable effect on the running of the engine but it is very rich and the excess fuel can be smelt coming from the exhaust.
    Am I right in thinking the rear O2 sensor will be the one in the header nearest to the boot?

Olly

Not to sidetrack this but just a thought... You said you've had battery issues due to storage situation.. I'm assuming there's no EPS light on and it's not a 22 error code? I've had a battery on its was out causing EPS problems even with the car running ok... Just a thought out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    Not to sidetrack this but just a thought... You said you've had battery issues due to storage situation.. I'm assuming there's no EPS light on and it's not a 22 error code? I've had a battery on its was out causing EPS problems even with the car running ok... Just a thought out loud.
    Thanks Gary,

I have replaced the battery and not had any of the issues since and no EPS light coming up.

Olly