Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cam belt

Default cam belt

Can anyone recommend the best place to buy a new cam belt NA2.
    Thanks Ian

Blog Entries

If ordering from US, etc outside of Japan, please use 14400-PR7-A01.
    Just TB with no package, small/narrow band/tie around the TB to show the parts no.

If ordering from Japan, please use 06141-PR7-305.
    TB kept inside the Honda bag with JDM stickers.
    Better protection against contamination while on the shelf and delivery.

If you know someone in US, acurapartsforless.
    Use 5NSX as 5% discount code.
    They don't seem to deliver to UK though.

Oemacuraparts will ship outside of US through their website.
    If you contact Tim over there, he can check the stock level before placing the order.

If ordering from Japan, you can contact Marc at theNSXshop.
    He is also vendor at NSX Prime and to become vendor over there, one must pay a lot so reliable.
    Good price and communication.

There are other vendors that owners on here used but I don't have actual buying experience with them.

Kaz

Thanks Kaz for the information. After comparing prices, for once, it's just as cheap to get one from Honda UK! Go figure.

Ian

4. Default

I sell the oem belts for 108 Euro + shipping. In USA and Japan the belts are like 190usd!!!! I stock 800+ new different oem parts and the parts are located in AUSTRIA, so no duty fees and costums. I ship with Austrian Post or DHL.
    Largest stocking of used NSX parts in Europe & many service parts in stock. parts inquiry: office@atr-racing.com / phone +43 676 5458032

Is it just a cambelt, though?

Unless you've done the tensioner, pump, etc recently, they ought to be done too.

And the crank harmonic damper is an insurance policy in any case.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post

And the crank harmonic damper is an insurance policy in any case.
    Correct. Best is to install a pulley shield to be safe. Its 100,00 Euro to safe an engine for 10000,00 Euro. :o
    Largest stocking of used NSX parts in Europe & many service parts in stock. parts inquiry: office@atr-racing.com / phone +43 676 5458032

I’m new to the NSX. I’ve read about the crank pulley issues so thinking to get a service done and change that. If doing the timing belt is it advisable to do tensioner water pump to? I’ll fit the pulley shield to as seems silly not to. Is there anything other you would recommend doing at the same time? Cars covered 64kkm

What year is the car?

The reason I'm asking is because if it's 20+ years old I'll recommend doing the complete thing with cam seals and plugs and many other seals etc.

A TB hardly ever fails on its own but a bad tensioner or water pump will make it fail for sure, so they are 'obligatory' or at least very recommended.

The car is a 1991. Imported from Japan in 2016. Car is in very good condition but I’m not to 100% sure on the service history. I would rather have it done then I have peace of mind. So what would you recommend changing or inspecting? Would all this jobs you recommend be able to be done with the engine in place or require to be taken out?

If the history is incomplete you'll have to the answer to your question. The list is long if you're looking for 10 years trouble-free operation. Somewhere on this forum, there's a list of possible items.

Your main decision should be who is working on the car. DON'T take it to the average guy/garage. Mechanics with NSX-experience are rare and they WILL take the engine OUT. Not for the case of doability but for peace of mind and less probability of errors. It's no fun doing a TB with the engine still in place. Have a look what Kaz is doing in his Blogs (at the top next to forums).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast