Thread: Motors by the Moat this weekend anyone???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Motors by the Moat this weekend anyone???

I just realised there is an event on this weekend for "Supercars" to attend if anyone is interested.

It's a bit to short notice for a club booking but individuals bookings are ok.

Sunday is booked up but on Saturday there are still some places.

If anyone fancies attending this beautiful setting I'll see you there. 😎

https://www.leeds-castle.com/What’s+...s+by+the+Moat/
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

It is what was the original incarnation of the Supercar seige..... The one that was successful enough to have traffic backed up on the M20 with visitors wanting to attend, then Leeds castle (Kent) decided they didn't want the show back after several successful years.....

Then, strangely and completely unrelated, they decided to hold their own show, with a Supercar theme, with then same basic premise, but without the charity aspect.... Needless to say many of the Supercar owners that had supported it didn't after!!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    It is what was the original incarnation of the Supercar seige..... The one that was successful enough to have traffic backed up on the M20 with visitors wanting to attend, then Leeds castle (Kent) decided they didn't want the show back after several successful years.....

Then, strangely and completely unrelated, they decided to hold their own show, with a Supercar theme, with then same basic premise, but without the charity aspect.... Needless to say many of the Supercar owners that had supported it didn't after!!!!
    I know all that as I was there in its original incarnation and yes it was great and very honourable that it was run primarily for charities.

But at the end of the day the National Trust and owners/residents of Leeds Castle are always having an uphill battle to balance the books in this buildings multi million pound up keep. If all the NSX owners only attended purely charity organised events then I doubt we would take our cars to any event.

I attended this event 2 or 3 years ago and the number of supercars and hypercars were massively up from those early years so I think most have either got very short memories or there's just too many supercars out there to worry about it.

Let bygones be bygones and enjoy the event for what it is, life's surely far to short.
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    ......the National Trust and owners/residents of Leeds Castle are always having an uphill battle to balance the books in this buildings multi million pound up keep.
    Pedantry I know, but Leeds Castle is not in any way affiliated with the National Trust (or English Heritage).
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

The drivers of the cars paid to exhibit, that's the bit that went to charity, all the gate money from the increased visitor numbers still went to the castle... What many have a gripe with is they binned off the Supercar seige posse and then put on exactly the same show, using the reputation built by the seige!

The same happened with a hotrod car show at beaulieu, a local car club took all the risks to establish a show there over several years, only to be told they weren't welcome back.... Then, surprise, surprise, beaulieu put on their own hotrod drive in, same weekend, of the year, just a touch more expensive for slightly less benefits....

I also find it ironic that when we attended we weren't allowed to start up/rev engines for fear of spoiling the tranquility of the venue, and now they have the Terry grant stunt show and jet ski stunt show on the lake!!!

Anyhoo, if you wish to go you still have time to enter, it is a lovely venue.....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    Pedantry I know, but Leeds Castle is not in any way affiliated with the National Trust (or English Heritage).
    Yes very pedantic but that only justifies all the more why the owners need the money for the castle.
    Pride.