Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drop Links

Default Drop Links

Does anyone know of a good quality alternative to the Honda drop links at £162 each.
    I know OEM spares are expensive for the NSX but that seems a ridiculous amount of money for a drop link.
    Formula Red and Black 3.0 manual

Blog Entries

Don't know Fr/Rr/Right/Left but depending on which corner you want, you can find them on Rockauto, amazon UK/US, etc.
    I think some owners used Moog in the past???
    Never installed Moog one by myself so can't comment on the quality.

Kaz

Just ordered one for the front of my car, if that's what you're after. From Amayama, here

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/honda/51320sl0003

£65, plus delivery and import but I still find it's cheaper that buying from the UK.
    Wix

I've got Moogs from RockAuto on the back of my car. Installed a couple of years ago. They seem to be OK.
    Peter
    1996 Green NSX-T manual

Thanks guys for your help, I have ordered them from RockAuto.
    Lets hope they don't get held up in customs.

I think the last time I've ordered from RockAuto there was an option to prepay the customs and fees so they won't rip me off a second time at the border. Of course, the prepayment was less than what I had to expect the other way.

If they charged you vat at checkout they will come straight to your door ��
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

They did so that is good news, thanks Jonathan.

A little but probably not comparable feedback - I have moog front drop links, purely because I cut one of my OEM ones off because I couldn't undo the nut due to rust - Not knowing at the time they cost over £200 each! I wanted to change the position of the drop link in my 1" anti roll bar (thicker than standard) and move it to a stiffer position, whilst softening the rear to reduce oversteer a little. One of mine is already failing and after a very short period of time. I'm not sure this is a fair reflection of the quality because I have 800 lbs/in front springs and the thick anti roll bar set very stiff (perhaps too stiff as on uneven ground a front wheel becomes airborne).

I'll probably buy a set of cedar ridge drop links as they would be more suitable to my suspension modifications (they're adjustable) and perhaps soften the front anti roll bar a bit.

Thanks for the feedback. They did seem pretty good and my ARB is stock, but I will keep an eye on them.
    I also had to cut my old ones off, no way they were coming undone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast